Terms & Conditions and Privacy
Terms and Conditions
UNITED STATES SITE AND PRICING
Ford administers this Site from Michigan, United States of America and this Site is only intended for viewing in the United States. All materials and information contained on this Site apply to the United States market only. Ford makes no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. You agree to comply with all export and re-export laws, restrictions and regulations of your government in connection with your use of the Site.
All pricing is in U.S. dollars and the vehicles described are offered for sale in the U.S. only. This Site in no way constitutes an offer to buy or sell vehicles from Ford or to provide financing or leasing. Ford makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the pricing and product information contained on this Site is correct. Prices, product specifications and all other information shown on this Site are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without obligation, may vary from region to region, and may not be completely up to date or accurate. Most pricing refers to MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and excludes destination and delivery charges, any applicable taxes, any applicable fees, such as title and registration, or environmental charges or fees, any industry specific fee, any applicable consumer rebates or incentives, and the cost of any dealer added options. Optional equipment is not included unless specifically indicated. Any calculation of any price, tax, incentive, lease or finance terms is for your reference only, is an estimate, and may not be completely accurate. Individual dealers set the actual transaction price. Contact your selected dealer for the actual price of any vehicle and any applicable terms and conditions that may apply. The promotional programs and/or incentives offered on this Site are only available in the United States and may be limited to particular states and subject to restrictions and/or qualifications, as disclosed by the program.
DEPICTION OF VEHICLES
Vehicles shown on this Site are for general illustration only. Vehicles shown are typically a sample vehicle only of the same model year. Details of a selected vehicle may vary from the vehicle shown depending on the features you choose. Vehicle availability may be limited.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION SUCH AS COMPARATOR VALUES
Competitive Comparison data is provided by R. L. Polk & Company, is not the opinion of Ford, and is provided for information purposes only. Neither R. L. Polk & Company nor Ford make any warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding the comparator data, including as to currency, accuracy or completeness. Configured vehicles are compared to the same series vehicle chosen without additional options. All prices, specifications and equipment are subject to change without notice.
Copyright 2010, Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved. This Site, including all materials, is protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions whether or not a copyright notice is present on the materials. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds and other materials on this Site are subject to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of Ford, its affiliated companies and its licensors. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the materials. Except as expressly provided herein, Ford does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks or copyrights.
Subject to your continued compliance with these terms and conditions, Ford grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use, display and listen to this Site and the information, images, sounds and text ("materials") thereon. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Site in any way. You agree not to dispute Ford's claims of ownership or validity of its rights in the materials on this Site.
Ford authorizes you to view and download the materials at this Site only for your personal, non-commercial use. Ford may suspend or terminate this authorization at any time for any reason. This authorization is not a transfer of title in the materials and copies of the materials and is subject to the following restrictions:
- you must retain, on all copies of the materials downloaded, all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials;
- you may not modify the materials in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, distribute, or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose;
- you must not transfer the materials to any other person unless you give them notice of, and they agree to accept, the obligations arising under these terms and conditions of use.
LINKING, CRAWLING AND ARCHIVING
If you would like to link to this Site, you must comply with the following guidelines:
- do not incorporate any content from this Site into your site (e.g., by in-lining, framing or creating other browser or border environments around the website content). You may only link to, not replicate, the Site content;
- you may not use any Ford trademarks, logos, designs or service marks in your links;
- you may not create the appearance of a relationship or affiliation with Ford; and
- your site may not contain offensive, distasteful, illegal or inappropriate content.
If you would like to use a web crawler or other search tool to gather information from the Site, you must comply with the provisions of the robots.txt file of the site and you may not circumvent CAPTCHA or other security measures.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE SUBMISSION PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE FORD’S LEGITIMATE BUSINESS OPERATIONS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FORD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This Site is intended as a resource and discussion forum for people interested in Ford Motor Company vehicles, projects and initiatives. Unfortunately, this isn’t the place to address warranty or customer service questions or concerns or products sold by Ford Motor Company. If you have a question about a Ford Motor Company product, please contact Ford's Customer Relationship Center calling 1 800-392-3673 in the United States or 1 800-565-3673 in Canada during normal business hours.
The Ford name, and all trademarks and logos displayed on this Site are owned or used under license by Ford. These trademarks include, but are not limited to, product brand names (e.g., Ford, Lincoln, Motorcraft®), vehicle model names (e.g., Mustang, Taurus, Explorer, F-150, Focus, Ranger), slogans (e.g.,Built Ford Tough), and logos and emblems. The unauthorized use of any trademark displayed on this Site is strictly prohibited.
CHANGES TO THE SITE
Ford and its affiliates reserve the right to change, modify, suspend, discontinue or permanently cancel this Site's operation or portions thereof without any notice to you, including but not limited to product specifications or prices, at any time and from time to time without notice and without incurring any obligations. Your use of this Site after any changes are posted will be considered acceptance of such changes.
INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS
By using this Site you agree that you will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ford and its subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective distributors, dealers, dealer associations and advertising and promotions agencies, together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all the liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of your use of this Site, your breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions, and/or your breach or alleged violation of the patent, copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties. Ford reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and, in such case, you shall agree to cooperate with Ford's defense of such claim.
DESIGNATED AGENT FOR COPYRIGHT NOTIFICATION
If you believe that any content on this Site infringes your copyright rights, please contact Ford's designated agent for receiving such notifications in writing as follows:
Ford Motor Company
330 Town Center Drive
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
Email address: DMCA@ford.com
Phone number: (313) 323-2875
In your communication, please include:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you claim to have been infringed, or, if there are multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that you claim to be infringing, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you or the law.
- A statement that the information your notification is accurate.
If the communication is submitted by someone on your behalf, the communication must also contain a statement that, under penalty of perjury, the submitter is authorized to act on your behalf.
Ford may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by such revisions and should therefore visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions from time to time. NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY ONLY TO THIS SITE, OTHER WEBSITES PROVIDED BY FORD OR ITS AFFILIATES MAY HAVE DIFFERENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO THE USE OF THOSE SITES. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THOSE SITES.
This Site and all the information it contains is provided for information purposes only on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. In certain areas, the information provided may represent an opinion or judgment. Ford, information providers and their agents make no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Ford disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Ford is not responsible for the content of any Site linked to this Site and is not directly or indirectly implying any approval, endorsement or affiliation with any linked Site.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FORD'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. FORD, ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND THEIR AGENTS, MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEB SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEB SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEB SITE BY ANY THIRD-PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEB SITE. FORD DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD-PARTY THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND FORD WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. NEITHER FORD, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR THEIR AGENTS ARE PROVIDING ANY LEGAL, TAX, MEDICAL, COUNSELING, ACCOUNTING, INVESTMENT, FINANCIAL OR ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE.
These Terms and Conditions together with any additional terms to which you agree when using particular elements of this Site constitute the entire agreement regarding the Site and any services, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written between you and us with respect to the Site or the services provided on the Site. The Site is operated from Ford's offices in the United States of America. These terms and conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. If a court determines that any term or condition in these Terms and Conditions is illegal or unenforceable, then such term will be eliminated and the remaining terms and conditions will remain in force and effect. Ford's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect. All lawsuits arising from or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be brought in the Federal or State courts located in Wayne County, Michigan, and you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for such purpose.
Effective Date: March 3, 2011
Effective on: November 18, 2021
Ford Motor Company is committed to be a trusted steward of the personal information you share with us. We collect and use this data to help fulfill and build on Henry Ford’s vision of providing affordable, safe transportation to everyone. Today, we rely on data to incorporate state-of-the-art technology into our products and services, improve quality and safety, minimize environmental impact, and make our vehicles more enjoyable to drive, own, and use.
If you are the owner or driver of a Ford or Lincoln vehicle and use Connected Services (defined below), you have some important responsibilities:
- First, it is your responsibility to inform others who drive the vehicle, and passengers who connect their mobile devices to the vehicle, about the information in this Policy, including the Connected Vehicle Privacy section below.
- Second, if you plan to sell or transfer your vehicle, it is your responsibility to perform a Master/User Reset of your vehicle before it leaves your possession. Please review the Connected Vehicle Privacy section below for more information.
Additional privacy details may be provided in your vehicle owner’s manual. Owner’s manuals are available at the following links:
- Ford Credit: If you have applied for or received financing through Ford Credit or are a Ford Interest Advantage investor, the personal information you provide as part of applying for, obtaining, and managing your account or investment is subject to the Ford Credit privacy notices available here
- Other Ford privacy policies that pertain to:
- Employees, contractors, agency resources, retirees, and applicants, relative to employment or engagement with Ford; or
- Products that Ford makes available to the personnel of companies that have a business relationship with Ford.
These other Ford privacy policies are available through the applicable website, mobile app, or other online Product.
- Content, products, services, features, websites, mobile applications, platforms, or properties not owned or operated by Ford, as described in the Other Sites and Services section below.
- The privacy practices of Ford dealers, dealer distributors, dealer advertising associations, or other dealer associations.
When you purchase or lease a Ford or Lincoln vehicle from an authorized dealer, some information you provide to the dealer is shared with Ford. Ford’s privacy practices (as described in our privacy policies) apply to personal information the dealer shares with us, whether in connection with the purchase/lease transaction, vehicle service you may receive from the dealer, or joint marketing activities.
Please be aware, however, that dealers are separate legal entities from Ford and have their own privacy practices. You should contact your dealer directly if you have questions about their privacy practices. Although we encourage dealers to fully satisfy their legal obligations (including those relating to privacy), Ford is not responsible for dealers’ compliance with law.
United States Only
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Categories and Sources of Personal Information We Collect
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Our Use of Personal Information
- Our Sharing of Personal Information
- Choice and Control of Personal Information
- Connected Vehicle Privacy
- California Privacy Rights and Information
- European Data Protection Rights
- Retention of Personal Information
- Location of Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the Products you use, and the choices you make. We collect personal information about you in different ways and from different sources, including through the products, services, and features we provide (“Products”), such as websites, mobile applications, online services, technology platforms, and devices we own or operate, as well as the vehicles we manufacture. Details about our privacy practices relating to Ford and Lincoln vehicles appear in the Connected Vehicle Privacy section below.
Information You Provide to Us. You share information with us in various ways, including when you create or modify an account with us, use our Products, make a purchase from us, ask us for information about our Products, sign up for an event, enter a contest or sweepstakes, contact the Customer Relationship Center, or otherwise communicate with us. For example, we collect the following:
- Contact Information: Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we collect personal or business information such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number. We may also ask you to provide email addresses of others, for example if you use a “tell-a-friend” tool.
- Demographics: When you create or modify an account, you may also provide additional information such as your age range, nationality, and gender.
- Payment Data: If you make a purchase, we collect credit card numbers and other payment or billing information.
- Preferences: You may indicate preferences such as your preferred communication method, language, time zone, and dealer. When you use the vehicle shopping tools on our website, you indicate through your browsing and searches the kinds of vehicles, features, and options you may be interested in.
- Audio/Visual: In some cases, you can upload a photo for a profile image when creating an account, or you may provide your photo at an event or as part of a contest or sweepstakes.
- Identifiers: Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, you may provide us with unique identifiers associated with you. For example, when you leave a comment on one of our social media sites, you provide us with your social media ID.
- Security: When you create or modify your Ford account, you provide us with an email/username and password, along with other information used to authenticate your account such as answers to security questions, etc. You can use these credentials to sign into other Ford experiences (if supported) including experiences offered by our affiliates, including Ford Credit, so you only need to remember one user name and password when accessing our online and mobile Products.
- Content of Communications: When you communicate with us, such as via emails, customer service requests, survey responses, or social media posts, likes, or messages, we collect the content of your communication.
- Vehicle Service History: We collect vehicle service history from you when you share it with us on our sites.
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline (such as not entering a credit card to use wallet services in the FordPass mobile app). But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for certain Products, those Products may not function correctly or be available for use.
Information From Your Vehicle. Ford and Lincoln vehicles have systems that record data about how the vehicle is performing, how it is driven, where it is located, and the environment where it is operated. This data may be associated with a vehicle's unique identification number (“VIN”) or other identifiers, and VIN or the other identifiers may be linked to you.
If your vehicle is equipped with Connected Services or has factory-installed connectivity technology capable of electronically transmitting vehicle-originated data to Ford, we may collect the following categories of information from your vehicle:
- Vehicle Data
- Driving Data
- Vehicle Location (which may be collected through location-based features and functions in the vehicle or in our mobile apps and which may derived from other information such as your mobile device’s location)
- Media Analytics
- Vehicle Analytics.
Which categories of information are collected from your vehicle typically depends on how the vehicle is equipped for connectivity; in other words, what connectivity technologies, software version, data sharing settings, and Connected Services are present and what selections have been made for the data sharing settings. See the Connected Vehicle Privacy section below for details and data category definitions.
In limited situations, we may collect Vehicle Location, regardless of location settings. We do this to protect and defend our rights orproperty (including repossessing a vehicle in the event of a delinquency) or to comply with applicable law, to respond to valid legal process (including from law enforcement or other government agencies), or, in the event of exigent circumstances, to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury or help protect the personal safety of Ford personnel, users of our vehicles, websites, or apps, our visitors, or the public. For additional details about these situations, see the section “Our Sharing of Personal Information” below.
Information From Your Devices. When you use our websites, mobile apps, online services, and other Products, we automatically collect some information from the devices you’re using (such as mobile phone, tablet, smartwatch, or computer). For example:
- Device Details and Network Information: Some devices share, and our servers log, information such as type of device, hardware model, MAC Address, operating system, version, settings, configuration, and network-related information (for example, IP address, mobile network provider, etc.). We may also collect device motion information if you enable that functionality in our mobile apps. As described more in the Cookies section below, our websites and online Products store and retrieve device identifiers (such as browser and other unique online identifiers) using cookies, pixel tags, and other digital technologies set on your device.
- Digital Activity: As described more in the Cookies section below, when you browse our website or use our other online Products, we collect information about your online activity and interaction with our Products, such as access times, webpages or content viewed, mouse movements, scrolling, features used, how the webpage or online feature performed, the results of vehicles saved, built, searched for, or viewed during previous visits, other websites visited, etc.
- Device and Mobile Location: Depending on your device and app settings, we also collect location data from your devices. If your mobile device is connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth or tether, vehicle location may be derived from mobile device location.
You may use app or device controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain Products or features, those Products or features may not function correctly or be available for use.
Information We Generate About You. We generate information from the data we collect. For example:
- Digital Activity: When you build or search for vehicles on our website, we generate results that fit your criteria and allow you to save results so that they are available to you in future visits. When you browse our website or use our other online Products, we may infer your zip code, city, state, and/or country location based on your IP address.
- Inferred Preferences: We infer new information from other data we collect, including using automated means to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics. For example, we may use information about your vehicle and past purchases to determine your likely readiness to make a new purchase, which we may use for marketing, advertising, or other purposes. We may also infer information from your online activity and interaction with our Products, such as webpages visited, vehicles viewed, app features used, etc.
- Identifiers: When you interact with us, we may generate unique identifiers associated with you or your devices such as Ford account ID, customer ID, rewards program number, or browser or other online identifiers. These unique identifiers help us identify you or associate you with information about you. For example, in our exhibits at auto shows or other events, we may generate a bar code for each visitor that you can swipe as you interact with the exhibit. It may also allow you to access and share photos and videos if you use available technology to take your picture and/or video at the event.
- Payment Data: We may generate information when you pay for products and services, e.g., transaction history.
Information From Other Sources. We obtain information from others when you direct them to share information with us and also from the following sources:
- Affiliates: We receive personal information from other companies within the Ford Motor Company family of companies and affiliates. Our “family of companies” is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. Information is shared within this “family” as a normal part of business operations, offering products and services to our customers, and allowing our customers to use their Ford account across multiple Ford experiences (if supported).
- Dealers and Other Repairers: We receive data in connection with vehicle sales and service. For example, when you purchase a vehicle from a Ford or Lincoln dealer, the dealer shares Contact Information with Ford, including your name and address, as well as VIN and purchase information such as purchase date. We also receive Vehicle Service History information (and certain other vehicle repair information), which includes history of repairs and may include such information as visit details, service details, repair history, applicable recall repairs, repair order details and payment, and warranty and extended service plan information. We may receive vehicle diagnostic information from dealers or other repairers when your vehicle is serviced or repaired using diagnostic scan tools connected to your vehicle.
- Service Providers and Suppliers: We may receive Contact Information or other personal information from our vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Business Partners: We receive personal information from other companies we work together with to offer services to our customers, or to reach potential customers with our marketing messages. Examples include:
- Joint Marketing Partners: We may receive personal information from partners with which we offer co-branded service or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Third Party Sign-On Integrations: If you sign into one of our Products using a third party’s sign-on integration tool (such as Facebook, Google, or Apple), you allow us to access information about you that the third party makes available through its sign-on integration tool based on its rules or the settings you establish with the third party (e.g., name, user ID, profile picture). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the third parties whose sign-on integration tools you use.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulatory agencies, and others: We may receive personal information from government agencies or courts for legal compliance purposes, to protect your personal safety or the safety of others, to protect Ford’s or others’ rights or property, or to investigate fraud. We may also receive personal information from others; for example, in connection with litigation settlements, we may acquire information about you from third parties for the purpose of meeting our tax reporting obligations.
- Consumer Data Analytics Firms: We receive Demographics and other data from third parties for purposes such as supporting our marketing campaigns and personalizing Products to our customers.
- Parties to Corporate Transactions: We may receive personal information as part of a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or at transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of business or assets.
- Publicly-Available Sources: We may obtain Demographics and other data from publicly-available sources, such as open government databases or other data in the public domain, as well as information that is publicly available online on social media, networking, and other sites.
We may combine personal information we collect from any of the above sources. We also collect information in de-identified form, such that the information cannot reasonably be linked back to you.
Cookies on our websites are used to store your preferences and settings, enable you to sign in to your Ford account, provide interest-based advertising, combat fraud, analyze how our Products perform, personalize your experience and the content you see on our website (such as by displaying vehicles you have previously viewed or searched for or by conveniently auto-filling data fields in online forms), and fulfill other legitimate purposes.
Our websites may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites, and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them, and in our ads appearing on other sites to measure the performance of those ads.
Our websites often include web beacons, cookies, pixels, tags, trackers, and similar digital technologies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics or advertising. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain third-party content (such as embedded videos, maps, plug-ins, or ads) that contain digital technologies used to track operability and performance of the content, as well as your interaction with the content to determine its effectiveness. When your browser connects to a third party’s web server to retrieve content and/or web beacons, that third party is able to set or read its own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services that also contain that third party’s content or web beacons.
For example, our online Products use third-party analytics tools (such as Mouseflow, Dynatrace, Amplitude, Adobe, and Google Analytics and other Google services), to support the operation and performance of our online Products and to analyze your interactions and experiences with our Products, including the features you engage with, how you navigate, and your click/touch, movement, scroll, and keystroke activity. For information about the privacy practices of the listed companies, please review their privacy policies.
Pages of our website that collect information that may be used by such advertising partners for interest-based advertising purposes are identified by a link to AdChoices in the footer of the page. To see a list of third-party advertising and analytics providers that set cookies from our websites, along with links to manage your preferences, click on the AdChoices link in the footer.
Industry-wide opt-outs. Many of these companies are also members of associations, which provide a simple way to opt out of analytics and ad targeting, which you can access at:
- United States: Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance
- Canada: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
- Europe: European Digital Advertising Alliance
Mobile advertising ID controls. Apple and Android mobile devices each generate an advertising identifier that can be accessed by apps and used by advertisers in much the same way that cookies are used on websites. Each operating system provides options to limit tracking and/or reset the advertising ID.
Browser controls. Web browsers vary on whether they are set to accept or allow various types of cookies and similar digital technologies by default. You can go to your browser settings to learn how to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies and similar digital technologies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. If you choose to delete digital technologies, settings and preferences controlled by those digital technologies, including advertising preferences, may be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
Email web beacons. You can disable web beacons in email messages by changing the settings on your email client to prevent the automatic downloading of images.
Adobe Experience Cloud Device Co-op controls. Ford participates in the Adobe Experience Cloud Device Co-op. This Co-op allows Adobe to better understand how websites and apps are used by linking various devices that appear to be used by the same person. In turn, it helps companies who are members of the Co-op, including Ford, create websites, apps and ads customized for you, across all your devices. You can learn more about the Co-op, how it works, and how to opt-out here.
We use the personal information we collect for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you. For example, we have used personal information for the following purposes over the past 12 months:
Purposes of Use
Categories of Personal Information
Product and Service Delivery. To provide and deliver our products and services, including operating, securing, and troubleshooting; providing support for vehicle service, warranty, and recall; providing customer service and technical support; and providing credit and financing services.
Contact Information, Demographics, Payment Data, Preferences, Audio/Visual, Identifiers, Security, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Vehicle Location, Driving Data, Vehicle Service History, Device Details and Network Information, Digital Activity, Device and Mobile Location, Inferred Preferences
Product Improvement. To improve existing products and services.
Contact Information, Demographics, Preferences, Audio/Visual, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Vehicle Location, Driving Data, Vehicle Service History, Media Analytics, Vehicle Analytics, Device Details and Network Information, Digital Activity, Device and Mobile Location, Identifiers, Payment Data, Inferred Preferences
Research and Development. To conduct research and develop new products and services.
Demographics, Preferences, Audio/Visual, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Vehicle Location, Driving Data, Vehicle Service History, Media Analytics, Vehicle Analytics, Device Details and Network Information, Digital Activity, Device and Mobile Location, Identifiers, Payment Data, Inferred Preferences
Personalization. To understand you and your preferences, to make recommendations, and to deliver personalized experiences and Products centered around you.
Contact Information, Demographics, Preferences, Audio/Visual, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Driving Data, Vehicle Location, Vehicle Service History, Media Analytics, Vehicle Analytics, Device Details and Network Information, Digital Activity, Device and Mobile Location, Identifiers, Payment Data, Inferred Preferences
Dealer Support. To support dealer operations.
Contact Information, Audio/Visual, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Vehicle Service History, Device and Mobile Location, Identifiers, Payment Data, Inferred Preferences
Marketing and Advertising. To promote our products and services and those of our selected partners through marketing, advertising, and sponsorships (see the Cookies section below for information about personalized advertising and your advertising choices and the Choice and Control of Personal Information section for how to change your preferences for promotional communications).
Contact Information, Demographics, Preferences, Audio/Visual, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Media Analytics, Vehicle Service History, Device Details and Network Information, Digital Activity, Device and Mobile Location, Identifiers, Payment Data, Inferred Preferences
Business Operations. To operate our business and perform business functions, such as accounting, finance, tax, regulatory compliance, litigation, information security, fraud detection and prevention, protection of our rights and property, supplier and vendor management, human resources, information technology, and improving our internal operations.
Contact Information, Demographics, Payment Data, Preferences, Audio/Visual, Identifiers, Security, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Vehicle Location, Driving Data, Media Analytics, Vehicle Analytics, Vehicle Service History, Device Details and Network Information, Digital Activity, Device and Mobile Location, Inferred Preferences
Support for Laws, Property, Safety, and Exigent Circumstances. To support our compliance with valid inquiries and directives from law enforcement or other government agencies; in the event of exigent circumstances, to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury or to protect the personal safety of Ford personnel, users of our vehicles, websites, or apps, our visitors, or the public; and to protect the rights or property of others.
Contact Information, Demographics, Payment Data, Preferences, Audio/Visual, Identifiers, Security, Content of Communications, Vehicle Data, Vehicle Location, Driving Data, Vehicle Service History, Device Details and Network Information, Digital Activity, Device and Mobile Location, Inferred Preferences
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different sources to give you a more seamless, consistent, personalized, and relevant experience. For example, we use your Ford account identifier (if you were logged in while browsing our website or using our other online Products) or a browser or other unique online identifier (if you were not logged into your account) to link Digital Activity to you over time and across different Products or other digital properties, including those owned or operated by third parties.
Finally, we may de-identify information we collect about you (including Connected Vehicle Information) and use it for any purpose in accordance with applicable law.
We share personal information with your consent, when you direct us to share it with others, as necessary to complete your transactions, or provide the Products you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share that data with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services. We also share personal information with:
- Affiliates. We share personal information among the companies within the Ford Motor Company family of companies and affiliates. Our “family of companies” is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this “family” as a normal part of business operations and offering products and services to our customers.
- For example, if you are financing your purchase or lease with Ford Credit and Ford Credit asks us to locate your vehicle due to default of your agreement with Ford Credit, we may share Vehicle Location with Ford Credit.
- If you create a Ford account, we share your account credentials within our family of companies so you only need to remember one user name and password to access our online and mobile Products (if supported).
- Dealers. We share personal information with authorized Ford dealers, for example, to honor your request for a price quote on a vehicle, to assist in diagnosing service needs, to understand when your vehicle is ready for scheduled maintenance, to allow you to redeem rewards points from Ford loyalty programs at the dealership, to support our joint marketing activities, or to provide a dealer with information for purposes of contacting you in their regular course of business.
- Service Providers, Suppliers, and Agents. We share personal information with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. In such cases we require them to use it only to perform that work for us and to use adequate safeguards to protect the confidentiality of the personal information they receive. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal information to provide those functions.
- Business Partners. We share personal information with other companies that we work together with to offer services to our customers, or to reach potential customers with our marketing messages. Examples include:
- SIRIUS XM. We share Contact Information from vehicle sales with SIRIUS where the purchaser is eligible for a complimentary satellite radio trial.
- Advertising and Digital Analytics Companies. Please see the Cookies section of this Policy for a description of how we work with advertising and digital analytics providers.
- Social Media Platforms. We share hashed emails from our marketing database or other information we have collected as described in this Policy with social media advertising platforms, such as Facebook, so that they can create Custom Audiences and deliver advertisements on our behalf to their users. Those users are identifiable to the Social Media company when it matches our hashed data to its hashed data of its users.
- Joint Marketing Partners. We share information with partners with which we offer co-branded service or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Vehicle Verification and Valuation Partners. We share information about factory-installed vehicle features and options with third parties such as auction companies, insurance companies, dealers, lenders, guidebook providers, vehicle websites, and prospective buyers so that they can verify a vehicle’s features and options and estimate its value. The features and options information that we share with these third parties is linked to the unique vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Law Enforcement Agencies, Courts, Regulatory Agencies, and Others. We will share personal information when we believe that doing so is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- In the event of exigent circumstances, to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury or to protect the personal safety of Ford personnel, users of our vehicles, websites, or mobile apps, our visitors, or the public;
- Detect, investigate, prevent or otherwise address fraud or privacy issues;
- Operate and maintain the security of our products, including to detect, investigate, prevent, stop, or remediate an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- Protect the rights or property of ourselves, our affiliates, or others, including by enforcing our agreements, terms, and policies.
- Parties to Corporate Transactions. We may also share personal information as part of a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or at transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
Finally, we may share de-identified information (including Connected Vehicle Information) with others in accordance with applicable law.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
Our websites, mobile applications, and other Products may contain links to other content, products, services, features, websites, mobile applications, platforms, or properties that Ford doesn’t own or operate (“Other Sites”) even if they look similar to ours. Please be aware that Ford is not responsible for any Other Sites, their content or operation, or the privacy policies or data practices of the third parties that offer them, even if you access them via our Products, including:
- Dealer websites;
- Websites or services featuring events, promotions, sponsorships, contests, or sweepstakes offered by our business partners (even where co-branded with Ford or Lincoln or our Products);
- Websites or services offered by companies that have received a license to use our name, logo, or other trademarks in connection with their service or product offerings (including those that offer accessories or other products available for use with Ford or Lincoln vehicles);
- Advertisers on our websites;
- Social media or networking platforms; and
- Product review, news, or enthusiast/fan sites and other forums, message boards, or chat groups where our Products are discussed.
- Be integrated with or offered through our Products;
- Be made available to you through the vehicle infotainment system or in our mobile apps;
- Be made available to you through the third party's app on your mobile device when you connect your mobile device to the vehicle via Bluetooth or tether; or
- Require or permit the account you have with the third party to be linked to a Ford or Lincoln vehicle, mobile application, or other Product.
Access, Correction, and Deletion
You can access, edit, or delete some of the personal information we have collected by logging into your account and accessing the information displayed in your profile or account settings.
For example, if you sign into your owner account on the Ford website and then select your profile, you can view and change your personal information and information about your vehicle(s), as well as change your email contact preferences.
If you are a participant in Ford’s New Vehicle Purchase Plan (for eligible Ford Motor Company employees, retirees, Family and Friends, and certain employees of Ford dealerships, suppliers, and other partners), you can access your personal information related to the New Vehicle Purchase Plan by signing in and choosing “My Profile” on https://www.axz.ford.com/ (for employees and retirees), https://www.myplan.ford.com/ (for friends and family), or https://www.dplan.dealerconnection.com/ (for dealership employees). Ford partners can make corrections to personal information collected through the https://www.fordpartner.com/ website by calling the AXZ Call Center at 800-348-7709.
If you cannot access certain personal information we have via the links above or directly through the Ford products you use, you can contact us as described at the bottom of this Policy. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a fee or decline requests that are unreasonable or excessive, where providing the data would be prohibited by law or could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, or where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the data relates.
You can choose whether to receive promotional communications from us by email, physical mail, and telephone by contacting our Customer Relationship Center (see the How to Contact Us section below). As noted above, you can access and change your email communications preferences by logging into your owner account profile on the Ford website. If you receive promotional email messages from us and would like to stop receiving messages about the promotion, you can do so by following the directions in that message. If you receive text (SMS) messages from us, you can stop delivery of further messages of that type by following the instructions provided or replying “STOP,” after which you will receive a single message confirming your choice. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain of our products (e.g., recall notices).
To delete certain data stored on your vehicle, you may be able to perform a Master Reset. For controls related to connected vehicles, please see the Connected Vehicle Privacy section below. Additional details and instructions may be available in your vehicle owner’s manual.
Choices for Cookies and Similar Technologies
See the Cookies section for choices about cookies and other analytics and advertising controls.
A variety of technologies work together to provide connectivity. Your vehicle may be equipped with factory-installed connectivity technology capable of wirelessly transmitting vehicle-originated data to Ford. Your vehicle may also be equipped with features or services that wirelessly transmit vehicle-originated data to Ford as part of their function (“Connected Services”). “Connected Vehicle Information” is the data originating from vehicles with either type of connectivity.
You can check to see if your vehicle is equipped with connectivity technology or Connected Services. Check here for Ford vehicles, and here for Lincoln vehicles, or you can read the vehicle’s owner’s manual or visit your dealer.
Connected Vehicle Information
Connected Vehicle Information includes the following categories:
Connected Vehicle Information Categories
(may also be referred to as Vehicle Information)
Information about the vehicle, its components and parts, including their status and performance, and diagnostics of vehicle systems (such as VIN, hardware model and part numbers, odometer, tire pressure, fuel and fluid levels, battery and lock status, trouble codes, warning indicators, alerts, and SYNC diagnostics), vehicle charging information (if applicable), and other information about how the vehicle is performing.
(may also be referred to as Driving Characteristics and Behavior)
Information about how the vehicle is operated and used (such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, etc.).
Precise location/GPS information about the vehicle, including current location, travel direction, speed, charging locations used (if applicable), and information about the environment where the vehicle is operated (such as weather, road segment data, road surface conditions, traffic signs, and other surroundings).
(may also be referred to as Connected Voice Data, Digital Assistant, Ford Assistant, or Lincoln Assistant)
Voice commands and other utterances captured when the vehicle’s voice recognition system is in “active listen” state.
(may also be referred to as Audio Listening Analytics)
Information about what is listened to in the vehicle (such as radio presets, volume, channels, media sources, title, artist, and genre).
Vehicle Analytics (may also be referred to as SYNC Analytics or In-Vehicle Services Information)
Information about the usage of vehicle features, services, and technology (such as which features are used).
Collection of Connected Vehicle Information
Whether your vehicle shares Connected Vehicle Information with us typically depends on how the vehicle is equipped for connectivity; in other words, what connectivity technologies, software version, data sharing settings, and Connected Services are present and what selections have been made for data sharing settings. For information on other situations when we collect Connected Vehicle Information, see the section “Categories and Sources of Personal Information We Collect” above.
Select vehicles for model year 2020 and later share Vehicle Data (e.g., diagnostics) with us at delivery and may share other categories of Connected Vehicle Information with us, depending on the connectivity factors described in the preceding paragraph.
When Connected Vehicle Information is collected from the vehicle, it may be associated with a vehicle's unique identification number (“VIN”) or other identifiers, and VIN or the other identifiers may be linked to you.
We may also collect Connected Vehicle Information from the vehicle in de-identified form, such that the information cannot reasonably be linked back to you.
Your Sharing of Information about Your Vehicle with Third Parties
You may directly share information about your connected vehicle, or cause information about your connected vehicle to be shared, with third parties when you choose to use their applications or services that:
- Are made available to you through the vehicle infotainment system;
- Are made available to you through the third party’s app on your mobile device when you connect your mobile device to the vehicle via Bluetooth or tether; or
- Require or permit the account you have with the third party to be linked to a Ford or Lincoln vehicle or mobile application.
If you choose to share information about your vehicle with third parties, once you have shared it, the third party’s terms and conditions and privacy policies (and not this Policy) apply to the shared information.
Connected Vehicle Controls
As described below, a variety of technologies work together to provide the ability to access Connected Services and features. Depending on how the vehicle is equipped, different in-vehicle controls may be available to you. Learn more about modems, other connectivity technology, and in-vehicle controls in the owner’s manual or call the Ford Customer Relationship Center (see How to Contact Us below). Owner’s manuals are available at the following links:
You can use these controls and take other steps to protect your privacy with respect to Connected Services. For example, we recommend the following:
- Read your vehicle owner’s manual and familiarize yourself with how the vehicle you are driving (or riding in) is equipped, for example vehicle connectivity options and data sharing settings.
- Read this Connected Vehicle Privacy section so you are aware of what Connected Vehicle Information may be collected and how it is used.
- Inform passengers and other drivers of the vehicle that Connected Vehicle Information is being collected and used by us and our service providers.
- Prior to selling or transferring ownership of the vehicle, complete a MASTER RESET (see below) to remove imported personal data like contact lists, names of paired devices and/or connected networks to return the vehicle to the default factory settings and:
a. For vehicles with modems: this will also disassociate any FordPass/Lincoln Way account(s) connected to the vehicle and stop any account-related data sharing
b. For vehicles with a Connectivity Device: you must remove the VIN from your FordPass/Lincoln Way account(s) to disassociate the vehicle from the account and stop any account-related data sharing
Note: Account-related data sharing will continue unless (a) or (b) is performed.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
- If you purchase or lease a pre-owned Ford or Lincoln vehicle, please check here for Ford vehicles, and here for Lincoln vehicles to see if your vehicle has connectivity technology. Based on how the vehicle is equipped, perform a MASTER RESET and complete the appropriate action detailed in number 4 (above). Please read the “How to Tell If a Vehicle Is Sharing Data” section below to learn more. Connected Services such as FordPass Connect (SYNC Connect) and Lincoln Connect, if equipped and activated, may send us Connected Vehicle Information and may have associated multiple accounts that may allow the account user to access vehicle location and services, such as remote start, lock and unlock, and information about vehicle status, such as fuel level.
- Review the terms and conditions and privacy policies for any third-party services or applications to which you subscribe and/or use while in a Ford or Lincoln vehicle.
- If you rent a connected vehicle, perform a MASTER RESET before you drive the vehicle and before you return the vehicle to the rental company. Please contact the rental company with any questions.
Performing a Master Reset returns the vehicle’s modem to the factory settings and removes any imported personal data like cellular phone contact lists, names of paired devices and/or connected networks. Master Reset also disconnects modem-equipped vehicles from any FordPass / Lincoln Way accounts. See 4 above.
Deleting the FordPass/Lincoln Way app from your device will not disable data sharing.
PEFORM A MASTER RESET:
BEFORE SELLING OR TRANSFERRING OWNERSHIP
AFTER PURCHASING OR LEASING A PRE-OWNED VEHICLE
BEFORE AND AFTER RENTING A VEHICLE FROM A RENTAL COMPANY
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline (such as not associating a VIN to a FordPass/Lincoln Way account). But, if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not function correctly or be available for use.
Connected Vehicle Services and Technologies
We work with AT&T as our current cellular network provider for our Connected Services in the United States.
Our Connected Services include:
- FordPass Connect (SYNC Connect) / Lincoln Connect (if equipped): FordPass Connect (SYNC Connect) or Lincoln Connect enables access to features through a modem built into the vehicle. The modem allows the vehicle to connect to wireless networks, much like a mobile device with a subscriber identity module (SIM). Like other vehicle parts, the modem is installed at the factory.
- Periodically, the modem sends messages to us, through our cellular network provider to enable Connected Services. The messages could include information that identifies the vehicle, the SIM, and the electronic serial number (ESN) of the FordPass Connect (SYNC Connect) / Lincoln Connect modem. At delivery, select model year 2020 and later vehicles are sharing Vehicle Data with us (e.g., diagnostics).
- The cellular network provider may also associate the modem’s SIM to additional information such as cellular network tower identification. Unless the modem is deactivated, the modem will communicate with the cellular network provider.
- You may be able to customize your preferences in the in-vehicle connectivity settings menu. Please refer to the owner’s manual or contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center for more information. When connected with the FordPass app (Lincoln Way app), you may be able to access additional features.
- Ford Connectivity Devices (if equipped)
- Connectivity Devices (either installed in the vehicle at the factory, installed in the vehicle by a dealer, or plugged into the OBD port in compatible vehicles) enable access to Connectivity Services. Connectivity Devices allow connected vehicles to connect to a wireless network (much like a mobile device with a SIM).
- Periodically, the Connectivity Device sends messages to us, through our cellular network provider. These messages contain a unique number which identifies the Connectivity Device’s SIM, the vehicle's VIN, and the electronic serial number (ESN) of the Connectivity Device.
- The cellular network provider may also associate the Connectivity Device’s SIM to additional information such as cellular network tower identification. Unless the Connectivity Device is deactivated, the Connectivity Device will communicate with the cellular network provider. Please refer to the owner’s manual or contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center for more information.
- When connected with the FordPass app (Lincoln Way app), you may be able to access additional features. Some features require an active FordPass / Lincoln Way account.
Note: If you’re planning to sell your Ford or Lincoln connected vehicle, remember to remove the vehicle from your AT&T account before you sell the vehicle. And, if you purchase or lease a used Ford or Lincoln connected vehicle, you’ll need to contact AT&T to add the new vehicle to your AT&T account.
- SYNC Wi-Fi (if equipped): To enhance the SYNC experience, when connected to Wi-Fi (data charges may apply), Vehicle Analytics is shared with us and we periodically release software updates so the vehicle has the latest compatible SYNC version. You can choose to enable Share Media Analytics, Send Failed Voice Commands, and/or Submit Feedback regarding SYNC in the in-vehicle settings menu.
Note: Please make sure you connect the vehicle to trusted Wi-Fi networks
- AppLink (if equipped): You may be able to use AppLink, to connect your mobile apps with SYNC 3/SYNC 4 (SYNC). Your mobile device provides the data connection (so data charges may apply) and SYNC provides the infotainment integration, including voice controls.
- If you change your mind about sharing vehicle information with a mobile app or want to stop using it with SYNC, you can change your preferences in SYNC’s Mobile App settings in the vehicle.
- 911 Assist (if equipped): 911 Assist (if equipped and active) may, through any paired and connected cellular phone, disclose to emergency services that the vehicle has been in a crash involving the deployment of an airbag or, in certain vehicles, the activation of the fuel pump shut-off. Certain versions or updates to 911 Assist may also be capable of being used to electronically or verbally provide the vehicle location (such as latitude and longitude) and/or other details about the vehicle or crash, change in velocity, and possible detection of fastened seatbelts, or personal information about the occupants to 911 operators to assist them in providing the most appropriate emergency services. If you do not want to disclose this information, do not activate the 911 Assist feature. If any user sets 911 Assist to on or off, that setting applies for all paired phones. To switch 911 Assist on and off or for more information, please see your owner’s manual (SYNC and Settings).
Note: Vehicles equipped with the MyKey feature may be capable of overriding the 911 Assist settings and turning 911 Assist On, even if it was previously set to Off. If you do not want to disclose this information, do not enable MyKey.
- Location and Global Positioning System (GPS) (if equipped): Some vehicles contain global positioning system (GPS) capability or, in some instances, may utilize the GPS in connected wireless devices. GPS may be used to determine the vehicle’s physical location, travel direction, and speed, and to record this information over time to provide location-based services.
How to Know if a Vehicle is Sharing Data
Select model year vehicles include in-vehicle icons that indicate when Connected Vehicle Information is being shared:
If a FordPass / LincolnWay account has not been associated with the vehicle, this icon indicates that only Vehicle Data is being shared.
If a FordPass / LincolnWay account has been associated with the vehicle, this icon indicates that Vehicle Data and/or Driving Data are being shared (based on your sharing settings)....less
These icons may be hidden temporarily while you navigate in menus or use certain features and services (such as Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay®).
You may be able to check the status bar on the screen of the in-vehicle infotainment system, if equipped, for alerts and notifications, including strength of nearby Wi-Fi networks or the strength of the connection coming from your mobile device.
Vehicles equipped with Connectivity Devices include a window etching (or sticker) with an image similar to below, indicating the Connectivity Device may be sharing Connected Vehicle Information, for example vehicle data and location.
Note: To stop the Connectivity Device from sharing this information, see your Connectivity Settings through the FordPass / Lincoln Way app. You may also remove the vehicle from your FordPass / Lincoln Way account.
For other vehicle models, please see the owner’s manual, check the in-vehicle settings (if equipped) or contact your dealer for more information about what connectivity equipment is installed in the vehicle, and how to tell if the vehicle is sharing data. You can also find out how to deactivate vehicle connectivity in the owner’s manual.
Sharing a Vehicle or Driving a Shared Vehicle
If you share a vehicle with others, please tell them about the connectivity and privacy settings for the vehicle. For example, inform passengers within the vehicle and other drivers of the vehicle that Connected Vehicle Information is being shared with us and our service providers. And, let them know where they can find the information needed to connect to the vehicle's Wi-Fi Hotspot (if equipped and activated) and where they can turn off vehicle location and other connected vehicle data sharing settings, if equipped.
Multiple accounts can be created on the FordPass / Lincoln Way apps, and more than one account can be connected to a single vehicle. If you drive a vehicle with more than one account connected to it, the user(s) of each account will have access to:
- The vehicle's location;
- Services that allow the vehicle to be remotely started, locked and unlocked; and
- Services that show information about the vehicle's status (for example, its fuel level).
Similarly, if you drive a vehicle with the FordPass / Lincoln Way app connected to it, the user(s) of the app will have access to the information and services outlined above.
If you want to connect an account on the FordPass / Lincoln Way app to a vehicle that has already been connected to another account, your name and the fact that you have requested this connection will be shared, via the FordPass / Lincoln Way app, with current user(s) who connected to the vehicle before you. The current user or users have the opportunity to allow or refuse your connection to the vehicle.
Additionally, you can turn off sharing data associated with your FordPass / Lincoln Way account by performing a MASTER RESET or by removing the VIN from your FordPass / Lincoln Way app garage. To learn how to perform a MASTER RESET, please see your owner’s manual. Simply deleting the app from your device will not disable data sharing. See Connected Vehicle Controls (above) for more information.
Some vehicles have in-vehicle pop-up notifications to alert drivers and passengers of Connected Vehicle Information sharing settings (see “How to Know if a Vehicle is Sharing Data” above). Drivers with an unrecognized mobile device may see a pop-up displayed in-vehicle informing them of the current vehicle data and/or location sharing settings. A mobile device is “recognized” if it has been paired with an infotainment system, like SYNC. This way if someone is new to the vehicle, or not driving it enough to pair their mobile device, the system will inform them of the vehicle’s current data and/or location sharing settings.
California Consumer Privacy Act
This section describes the rights that the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) gives to California residents.
Please be aware that dealers are separate legal entities from Ford and, under the CCPA, separate businesses from Ford. If you want to exercise your CCPA rights regarding personal information a Ford or Lincoln dealer may have collected about you, you will need to contact the dealer directly about exercising your rights.
Access/Right to Know. You have a right to request that we provide you with the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- The purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose. Note that the CCPA defines “business purpose” broadly; and because we use service providers for a number of business purposes that require access to our systems that hold personal information (such as supplying cloud data storage, maintaining the security of our systems, and providing customer support), in the past 12 months we have disclosed for a business purpose data from all of the categories of personal information that we maintain.
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you for each category of third party to which the personal information was sold. Note that the CCPA defines “sell” very broadly, and some of our data sharing described in this Policy may be considered a “sale” under that definition. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
In the past 12 months, we have shared personal information with others for commercial purposes or their independent uses as follows:
- SIRIUS XM. We share Contact Information from vehicle sales with SIRIUS where the purchaser is eligible for a complimentary satellite radio trial.
- Advertising and Digital Analytics Companies. We share Device Details and Network information, Digital Activity, Preferences, Demographics, Device and Mobile Locaation
- Joint Marketing Partners and Dealers. We share the following information with partners and dealers for co-branded service offerings or joint marketing activities:
- Vehicle Verification and Valuation Partners. We share information about factory-installed vehicle features and options with third parties such as auction companies, insurance companies, dealers, lenders, guidebook providers, vehicle websites, and prospective buyers so that they can verify a vehicle’s features and options and estimate its value. The features and options information that we share with these third parties is linked to the unique vehicle identification number (VIN).
Right to Delete. You also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions.
Right to Opt-Out From Sales. You also have a right to opt-out from future sales of personal information, which you can exercise by clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button on our website. See also the Cookies section of this Policy to learn how to opt out of analytics and ad targeting.
How to Exercise Your California CCPA Rights.
You can exercise your CCPA rights by submitting your request(s) to us using the web form located at https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/ccpa or https://www.lincoln.com/help/privacy/ccpa. You can also exercise your CCPA rights by calling us, toll-free, at 1-888-459-1291, Monday through Friday from 5:00 am until 8:00 pm Pacific time or Saturday from 5:00 am until 5:00 pm Pacific time. Our call center will be closed on Sundays and on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
If you want to exercise more than one of your CCPA rights, please submit a separate request for each CCPA right, which will help us handle your requests more effectively. Please be aware that we will process your requests in the order we receive them.
Whether you use the web form or call us, we will need information from you to process your request so that we can confirm you are a California resident, determine if we have personal information about you, and, for access and deletion requests, verify your identity. We may also need to contact you about your request, and you can choose the contact method you would like us to use.
Please be aware there might be circumstances where we will not honor your request, as permitted under the CCPA. For example, if we are not able to verify your identity and that you are a California resident, we may not honor your access or deletion request. In addition, we may not delete your personal information if an exception under the CCPA applies.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
- If you want an authorized agent to submit a “Delete My PI” or “Access My PI” request on your behalf, the authorized agent must provide proof of their registration with the California Secretary of State, as well as proof that you gave the authorized agent written permission to submit the request(s) on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your identity with us.
- If you want an authorized agent to submit a “Do Not Sell My PI” instruction on your behalf, the authorized agent must provide proof of their registration with the California Secretary of State, as well as proof that you gave the authorized agent written permission to submit the instruction on your behalf.
Non-Discrimination. You have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising rights set out in the CCPA.
Annual CCPA Metrics.
The following metrics cover January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020:
- Requests to Know / Access Requests:
- Received: 634
- Complied with in whole or in part (providing categories or specific pieces of personal information): 488
- Denied (request not verifiable): 146
- Median number of days to substantive response: 54
- Requests to Delete:
- Received: 4,494
- Complied with in whole or in part (deleting all personal information or personal information not subject to an exception): 3,270
- Denied (request not verifiable): 1,224
- Median number of days to substantive response: 59
- Requests to Opt-Out / Do Not Sell Requests:
- Received: 31,946
- Complied with in whole or in part: 31,946
- Median number of days to substantive response: 1
California Shine the Light
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding 2019 sharing activities).
To obtain this information on behalf of Ford Motor Company’s Ford and Lincoln U.S. operations, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. You can also exercise your rights under California’s “Shine the Light” law, by clicking here.
We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. Please also note that we may not be required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above designated e-mail address.
California Business and Professions Code Section 22581
California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications have a right under California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 to remove, or request and obtain removal of, content or information they have publicly posted. To remove content or information you have publicly posted, please send a detailed description of the specific content or information you wish to have removed; see How to Contact Us below. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests or contact our Data Protection Officer, contact us at the address at the bottom of this Policy. When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller,” you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
We rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
The personal information we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. The storage location(s) are chosen to operate efficiently and improve performance. We take steps designed to ensure that the data we collect under this Policy is processed according to the provisions of this Policy and applicable law wherever the data is located.
Location of Processing European Personal Data. We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections. Click here to learn more about the European Commission’s decisions on the adequacy of personal data protections.
Safeguarding personal information is important to us. While no systems, applications, or websites are 100% secure, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
To help us protect personal information, we request that you use a strong password and never share your password with anyone or use the same password with other sites or accounts.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for Ford, please contact us at:
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding 2019 sharing activities, and requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding 2020 sharing activities).
To obtain this information on behalf of Ford Motor Company’s Ford and Lincoln U.S. operations please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
For an explanation of our privacy practices please review our privacy statement by clicking the "Privacy" link on our home page.
To exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), please click here.
Terms of Content Submission
Lincoln Motor Company
Terms of Submission
PLEASE READ THESE LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY – TERMS OF SUBMISSION (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“USER”, “YOU” OR “YOUR”) AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY (“FORD”, “WE”, “OUR” OR “US”) REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSION OF (AND OUR USE AND DISPLAY OF) YOUR ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND OTHER INFORMATION (“USER CONTENT”) MADE AVAILABLE AND PROVIDED BY YOU VIA TWITTER, INC. (“TWITTER”), FACEBOOK, INC. (“FACEBOOK”), TUMBLR, INC. (“TUMBLR”), INSTAGRAM, LLC (“INSTAGRAM”), VIMEO, INC. (“VIMEO”), YOUTUBE, LLC (“YOUTUBE”), PINTEREST, INC. (“PINTEREST”), LINKEDIN CORPORATION (“LINKEDIN”) AND/OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY OWNED AND/OR OPERATED PLATFORMS OR SERVICES (COLLECTIVELY, “THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS”).
1. COMPLIANCE AND ELIGIBILITY. BY SUBMITTING YOUR USER CONTENT, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH:
- THIS AGREEMENT,
- ALL APPLICABLE LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS, AND
- ANY OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS PROMULGATED BY TWITTER, FACEBOOK, TUMBLR, INSTAGRAM, VIMEO, YOUTUBE, PINTEREST, LINKEDIN AND ANY AND ALL OTHER THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS OR PLUG-INS THAT MAY BE INTEGRATED WITH AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE LINCOLN WEBSITE.
FURTHER, YOU REPRESENT, WARRANT AND COVENANT THAT:
- YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, AND
- THE USER CONTENT, YOUR SUBMISSION OF THE USER CONTENT AND FORD’S USE OF THE USER CONTENT DOES NOT AND WILL NOT VIOLATE (A) THIS AGREEMENT, (B) ANY APPLICABLE LAW, RULE OR REGULATION AND/OR ANY OTHER RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY (FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, FORD WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN ANY PERMISSION FROM OR MAKE ANY PAYMENT TO ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU HEREUNDER) AND/OR (C) ANY APPLICABLE TERMS, CONDITIONS OR REQUIREMENTS PROMULGATED BY ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM.
2. SUBMITTING USER CONTENT. To submit your User Content, please read all instructions provided in connection with submitting and uploading User Content that may be made available on the applicable Third Party Platform, and complete and provide all necessary submission information requested therein. Additionally, all User Content must meet all the specifications and requirements relating to formatting, compatibility, operating characteristics and submission also made available via the applicable Third Party Platform, as well as the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including, without limitation, the requirements and restrictions set forth in Section 3 below. By submitting User Content, you also agree and understand that the term “User Content” will also include, without limitation, any and all information you submit or we may receive that is related to your User Content, including, without limitation, any descriptions and/or captions in connection therewith.
3. USER CONTENT REQUIREMENTS. You agree that any and all User Content you submit shall meet the following requirements and guidelines:
- User Content must constitute an original work of entrant, and must be in keeping with Ford’s image, as determined by Ford in its sole discretion.
- User Content must not violate this Agreement, any rights of any other party or entity, any of your obligations, any law, rule or regulation or infringe upon, misappropriate or violate any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, publicity or other rights of any party or entity.
- User Content must not be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, illegal, discriminatory or harassing, or display inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct or contain nudity.
- User Content must not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
- User Content must not be obscene or offensive, crude or vulgar, endorse any form of hate or hate group, gang signs or symbol.
- User Content must not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by any other party, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission.
- User Content must not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses, websites, webpage links or street addresses.
- User Content must not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, body art and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission.
- User Content must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission.
- User Content must not include look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead.
- User Content must not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Ford wishes to associate.
- User Content must not contain any software virus, worm, spyware, Trojan horse or other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, impair, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- User Content must not depict and/or contain any content that is in violation of this Agreement and/or any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any User Content you submit contains any material or elements that are not owned by you, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of such User Content, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use, display and exhibition of the User Content by Ford as set forth herein, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the User Content. Ford reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Ford from you at any time.
YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL USER CONTENT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON FROM WHICH SUCH USER CONTENT ORIGINATED. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU ARE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ALL USER CONTENT THAT YOU SUBMIT, UPLOAD, OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE TO FORD. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING SET FORTH HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, FORD IS NOT OBLIGATED TO USE, PUBLISH AND/OR DISPLAY ANY USER CONTENT (IN WHOLE OR IN PART). FORD RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU AND WITHOUT LIMITING ANY AND ALL OTHER RIGHTS WE MAY HAVE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AT LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO REJECT, REMOVE AND/OR DELETE ANY USER CONTENT THAT IT DEEMS, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, VIOLATES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR ANY OF ITS STANDARDS AND PRACTICES.
4. RIGHTS GRANTED TO FORD. By submitting your User Content via the applicable Third Party Platform, you grant Ford an unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, perform, publish, broadcast, transmit, modify, host, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise exploit all or any portion of your User Content, in any form or format, on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered, including, without limitation, on Ford’s Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn channels, and any other channels, services, and other distribution platforms (including, without limitation via any Third Party Platform (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.)), whether currently existing or existing or developed in the future, of Ford (collectively, the “Ford Platforms”), for any purpose whatsoever (including, without limitation, for any promotional, advertising and marketing purposes) without accounting, notification, credit or other obligation to you, and the right to license and sub-license and authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted hereunder to Ford. In addition to the foregoing, by submitting your User Content via the applicable Third Party Platform, you also grant Ford an unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free right and license to use your name, image, likeness, performance, photograph, characteristic or other distinctive identification for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, in any form or format, on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered, in order to exploit any and all of the rights set forth herein in connection with the marketing, advertising and promotion of the Ford Platforms, and any products, goods, features, functions, capabilities and/or services associated with Ford, including, without limitation, to use and otherwise exploit your User Content, without any credit, compensation or accounting to you. You also understand and agree that neither all or any portion of your User Content, nor any commercial, advertisement, promotional, marketing or other material associated with your User Content, need to be submitted to you for approval prior to use.
5. OWNERSHIP. FORD DOES NOT ACQUIRE ANY TITLE OR OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE USER CONTENT THAT YOU SUBMIT AND/OR MAKE AVAILABLE. AFTER YOU SUBMIT, UPLOAD AND OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE ANY USER CONTENT, YOU CONTINUE TO RETAIN ANY SUCH RIGHTS THAT YOU MAY HAVE IN SUCH USER CONTENT, SUBJECT TO THE RIGHTS, LICENSES AND PRIVILEGES GRANTED HEREIN.
6. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to release, discharge, defend, indemnify and hold Ford, GTB Agency, LLC and each’s successors and assigns, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, licensors, suppliers and operational service providers (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising in any way out of or in connection with (a) your use of Lincoln Website and any and all features and functionality of the applicable Third Party Platform that allows you to submit and upload your User Content, (b) your breach or violation of this Agreement and/or (c) your User Content, including, without limitation, Ford’s use thereof. Ford reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and all negotiation for its settlement or compromise (as applicable), and in each such case, you agree to fully cooperate with us upon our request.
7. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE LINCOLN WEBSITE AND ANY AND ALL FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO UPLOAD AND SUBMIT YOUR USER CONTENT, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND YOUR USE OF SAME IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USER CONTENT, THE REPRESENTATIONS AND OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM USE OF THE LINCOLN WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM. THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES CONCERNING ACCESS TO AND/OR THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS AND/OR SECURITY OF THE LINCOLN WEBSITE AND ANY AND ALL FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM THAT ALLOW YOU TO UPLOAD AND SUBMIT YOUR USER CONTENT, AND ANY OTHER CONTENT, MATERIAL, SOFTWARE AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM WILL FUNCTION OR PERFORM IN ANY PARTICULAR MANNER.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, OF ANY KIND, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE LINCOLN WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM, THE USER CONTENT AND/OR FROM THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER ARISING OR CAUSED, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR THE BASIS OR CHARACTERIZATION OF THE CLAIM AND EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES AND REMEDIES, ACCORDINGLY SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. GOVERNING LAW. To the extent not prohibited by law, you agree (a) that this Agreement, and all disputes, claims, actions, suits or other proceedings arising hereunder and/in connection with your User Content, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive law of the State of Michigan applicable to contracts wholly made and to be performed within the State of Michigan, (b) to irrevocably submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Michigan, situated in Wayne County, Michigan, and (c) to irrevocably consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction by such courts and waive any right to plead, claim or allege that Michigan is an inconvenient forum.