Terms & Conditions and Privacy
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
UNITED STATES SITE AND PRICING
Ford administers this Site from Michigan, United States of America and this Site is only intended for viewing in the United States. All materials and information contained on this Site apply to the United States market only. Ford makes no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. You agree to comply with all export and re-export laws, restrictions and regulations of your government in connection with your use of the Site.
All pricing is in U.S. dollars and the vehicles described are offered for sale in the U.S. only. This Site in no way constitutes an offer to buy or sell vehicles from Ford or to provide financing or leasing. Ford makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the pricing and product information contained on this Site is correct. Prices, product specifications and all other information shown on this Site are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without obligation, may vary from region to region, and may not be completely up to date or accurate. Most pricing refers to MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and excludes destination and delivery charges, any applicable taxes, any applicable fees, such as title and registration, or environmental charges or fees, any industry specific fee, any applicable consumer rebates or incentives, and the cost of any dealer added options. Optional equipment is not included unless specifically indicated. Any calculation of any price, tax, incentive, lease or finance terms is for your reference only, is an estimate, and may not be completely accurate. Individual dealers set the actual transaction price. Contact your selected dealer for the actual price of any vehicle and any applicable terms and conditions that may apply. The promotional programs and/or incentives offered on this Site are only available in the United States and may be limited to particular states and subject to restrictions and/or qualifications, as disclosed by the program.
DEPICTION OF VEHICLES
Vehicles shown on this Site are for general illustration only. Vehicles shown are typically a sample vehicle only of the same model year. Details of a selected vehicle may vary from the vehicle shown depending on the features you choose. Vehicle availability may be limited.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION SUCH AS COMPARATOR VALUES
Competitive Comparison data is provided by R. L. Polk & Company, is not the opinion of Ford, and is provided for information purposes only. Neither R. L. Polk & Company nor Ford make any warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding the comparator data, including as to currency, accuracy or completeness. Configured vehicles are compared to the same series vehicle chosen without additional options. All prices, specifications and equipment are subject to change without notice.
Copyright 2010, Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved. This Site, including all materials, is protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions whether or not a copyright notice is present on the materials. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds and other materials on this Site are subject to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of Ford, its affiliated companies and its licensors. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the materials. Except as expressly provided herein, Ford does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks or copyrights.
Subject to your continued compliance with these terms and conditions, Ford grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use, display and listen to this Site and the information, images, sounds and text ("materials") thereon. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Site in any way. You agree not to dispute Ford's claims of ownership or validity of its rights in the materials on this Site.
Ford authorizes you to view and download the materials at this Site only for your personal, non-commercial use. Ford may suspend or terminate this authorization at any time for any reason. This authorization is not a transfer of title in the materials and copies of the materials and is subject to the following restrictions:
• you must retain, on all copies of the materials downloaded, all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials;
• you may not modify the materials in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, distribute, or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose;
• you must not transfer the materials to any other person unless you give them notice of, and they agree to accept, the obligations arising under these terms and conditions of use.
LINKING, CRAWLING AND ARCHIVING
If you would like to link to this Site, you must comply with the following guidelines:
1 - do not incorporate any content from this Site into your site (e.g., by in-lining, framing or creating other browser or border environments around the website content). You may only link to, not replicate, the Site content;
2 - you may not use any Ford trademarks, logos, designs or service marks in your links;
3 - you may not create the appearance of a relationship or affiliation with Ford; and
4 - your site may not contain offensive, distasteful, illegal or inappropriate content.
If you would like to use a web crawler or other search tool to gather information from the Site, you must comply with the provisions of the robots.txt file of the site and you may not circumvent CAPTCHA or other security measures.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE SUBMISSION PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE FORD’S LEGITIMATE BUSINESS OPERATIONS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FORD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This Site is intended as a resource and discussion forum for people interested in Ford Motor Company vehicles, projects and initiatives. Unfortunately, this isn’t the place to address warranty or customer service questions or concerns or products sold by Ford Motor Company. If you have a question about a Ford Motor Company product, please contact Ford's Customer Relationship Center calling 1 800-392-3673 in the United States or 1 800-565-3673 in Canada during normal business hours.
The Ford name, and all trademarks and logos displayed on this Site are owned or used under license by Ford. These trademarks include, but are not limited to, product brand names (e.g., Ford, Lincoln, Motorcraft®), vehicle model names (e.g., Mustang, Taurus, Explorer, F-150, Focus, Ranger), slogans (e.g.,Built Ford Tough), and logos and emblems. The unauthorized use of any trademark displayed on this Site is strictly prohibited.
CHANGES TO THE SITE
Ford and its affiliates reserve the right to change, modify, suspend, discontinue or permanently cancel this Site's operation or portions thereof without any notice to you, including but not limited to product specifications or prices, at any time and from time to time without notice and without incurring any obligations. Your use of this Site after any changes are posted will be considered acceptance of such changes.
INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS
By using this Site you agree that you will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ford and its subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective distributors, dealers, dealer associations and advertising and promotions agencies, together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all the liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of your use of this Site, your breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions, and/or your breach or alleged violation of the patent, copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties. Ford reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and, in such case, you shall agree to cooperate with Ford's defense of such claim.
DESIGNATED AGENT FOR COPYRIGHT NOTIFICATION
If you believe that any content on this Site infringes your copyright rights, please contact Ford's designated agent for receiving such notifications in writing as follows:
Ford Motor Company
330 Town Center Drive
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
Email address: DMCA@ford.com
Phone number: 313.390.5286
In your communication, please include:
1 - Your physical or electronic signature.
2 - Identification of the copyrighted work you claim to have been infringed, or, if there are multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works.
3 - Identification of the material that you claim to be infringing, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4 - Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
5 - A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you or the law.
6 - A statement that the information your notification is accurate.
If the communication is submitted by someone on your behalf, the communication must also contain a statement that, under penalty of perjury, the submitter is authorized to act on your behalf.
Ford may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by such revisions and should therefore visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions from time to time. NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY ONLY TO THIS SITE, OTHER WEBSITES PROVIDED BY FORD OR ITS AFFILIATES MAY HAVE DIFFERENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO THE USE OF THOSE SITES. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THOSE SITES.
This Site and all the information it contains is provided for information purposes only on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. In certain areas, the information provided may represent an opinion or judgment. Ford, information providers and their agents make no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Ford disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Ford is not responsible for the content of any Site linked to this Site and is not directly or indirectly implying any approval, endorsement or affiliation with any linked Site.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FORD'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. FORD, ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND THEIR AGENTS, MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEB SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEB SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEB SITE BY ANY THIRD-PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEB SITE. FORD DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD-PARTY THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND FORD WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. NEITHER FORD, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR THEIR AGENTS ARE PROVIDING ANY LEGAL, TAX, MEDICAL, COUNSELING, ACCOUNTING, INVESTMENT, FINANCIAL OR ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE.
These Terms and Conditions together with any additional terms to which you agree when using particular elements of this Site constitute the entire agreement regarding the Site and any services, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written between you and us with respect to the Site or the services provided on the Site. The Site is operated from Ford's offices in the United States of America. These terms and conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. If a court determines that any term or condition in these Terms and Conditions is illegal or unenforceable, then such term will be eliminated and the remaining terms and conditions will remain in force and effect. Ford's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect. All lawsuits arising from or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be brought in the Federal or State courts located in Wayne County, Michigan, and you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for such purpose.
Effective Date: March 3, 2011
Lincoln.com and Owner.Lincoln.com Privacy Statement
1. General Statement:
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. This privacy statement explains our policies and practices regarding online customer information. It is through this disclosure that we intend to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, and safeguard personal and other information we collect or that you provide through this website, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns. It is our sincere hope that by explaining our data handling practices we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you. By using the site, you agree to the terms of this privacy statement. For information regarding the data that Vehicle Health Report and SYNC Services (where equipped) collect from you to provide you with these services, see Terms and Conditions.
2. Information About Our Organization and Website and General Data Collection Practices:
This Privacy Statement applies to www.Lincoln.com and its related mobile website m.Lincoln.com and to Owner.Lincoln.com (collectively referenced herein as “site” or “website”) which are owned by Ford Motor Company, Marketing, Sales and Service Division, 16800 Executive Plaza Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The business purpose of Lincoln.com website is to provide visitors: (1) with knowledge of the features and benefits of the complete line of cars, crossovers, and SUVs; (2) with purchasing-related information such as available incentives, services, product inventory and dealership contacts; (3) the ability to save and share certain content that is of interest to you such as your favorite vehicles, technologies, and photos and videos; and (4) the ability to access the Concierge service which allows members to submit questions and schedule chats with Lincoln representatives.
Certain features that are available on www.Lincoln.com may not be available on the related mobile site and vice versa.
The business purpose of Owner.Lincoln.com is to provide Lincoln vehicle owners a web destination that aggregates resources for convenience, savings, and vehicle maintenance. Owner.Lincoln.com provides access to vehicle and dealer information, discounts, coupons, service rebates, service history tracking, and SYNC product information, including SYNC software and support documentation. Also, where applicable, this site provides owners the ability to manage your SYNC Services and Vehicle Health Report accounts including setting various preferences, track Owner Advantage Rewards account(s), and access Lincoln Extended Service Plan information and purchase processing.
For added convenience, a select set of site features are accessible from web-enabled mobile devices as a mobile-optimized web experience. These site features may be limited in functionality.
Online Tracking Information
When you visit this site other parties such as third-party advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your digital activity over time and across digital platforms. This information may include identifiers that may permit those parties to serve tailored ads to your device(s). For more information about third-party advertising partners’ collection and use of such data for interest-based advertising purposes (and opting out of such use), see “Interest-Based Advertising” in Section 7.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals other than cookies, Ford Motor Company does not currently respond to undefined “DNT” signals to its US websites.
Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent you from having access to some functions or services on our sites.
See Sections 5 and 7 for more information.
3. Personally Identifiable Information We Collect From You:
When you visit this site we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. For purposes of this Privacy Statement “personally identifiable information” is information that identifies you as an individual, for example your name, street address, telephone number, email address and credit card number. If you opt not to provide us with personally identifiable information you can still access our website, however you will be unable to participate in certain promotions, activate or use a service, have a purchase order fulfilled, receive product information, use the Concierge service, or on the Owner.Lincoln.com site initiate a text message containing the name, address and telephone number of a dealer.
Lincoln.com - Saving Content
Some functionality and services we provide you offer the opportunity to save certain content two ways. You can save it anonymously (in that instance, content will be associated with your computer by placing a session or persistent cookie on it), or by creating login credentials described in the next paragraph.
Lincoln.com - Creating Login Credentials
VEHICLE HEALTH REPORT PRIVACY NOTICE (if equipped, U.S. only): When you run a Vehicle Health Report, Ford Motor Company may collect your cell phone number (to process your report request) and diagnostic information about your vehicle including odometer and warnings such as seat belt and air bag warnings. Certain versions or updates to Vehicle Health Report may also collect additional vehicle information. Ford may use the vehicle information it collects, as well as information regarding individual access to Vehicle Health Reports www.syncmyride.com, for the purposes described below and in the Vehicle Health Report Privacy Notice. If you do not want to disclose your cell phone number or vehicle information, do not run the feature or set up your Vehicle Health Report profile. Refer to the Vehicle Health Report Terms and Conditions for more information.
Our primary goal in collecting personally identifiable information from you when you visit this site is to provide you the functionality and services that you need to have a meaningful and customized experience while using the site features.
This site may use session and persistent “cookies” to collect personally identifiable information in order to verify login credentials, and it may use a third party to deliver site functionality. An explanation for each of these items and how they work is included in Section 7 – Methods to Collect Information.
If you are linked to this site upon requesting information by text message and you later reply “STOP,” you agree to receive a confirmation text message to your STOP.
Email addresses collected at the point of the Tell-a-Friend email tools will be used solely for the purpose of forwarding to your intended recipient.
Please keep in mind that if you disclose personally identifiable information or other sensitive data through a chat room, message board, or other public online forums, this information may be collected and used by others.
4. How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect:
Personally identifiable information collected on Lincoln.com may be used to:
• Fulfill a site user request (e.g., create log in credentials, brochure fulfillment, send marketing or promotional materials including emails or other information, service rebates, price quotes, save or share content, for a chat with a Lincoln representative)
• Fulfill and deliver an order for goods or services such as, if equipped, a Vehicle Health Report, SYNC Services, or software downloads, or Lincoln Extended Service Plan
• Respond to your comments or requests for information
• Meet a request for or to develop new products or services
• Make the user experience more customer friendly
• Develop new and improved products, services and marketing
• Contact you if necessary in the course of processing or shipping an order for products or services
• Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services
• Compile user data that is stored in our corporate database; for site visitors in the U.S. the data may be used for marketing and other purposes
• Match personal data collected here with data about you that we collect through other sources
• Comply with legal requirements
5. Other (Non-Personally Identifiable) Information We Collect From Site Visitors:
Lincoln.com collects other “non-personally identifiable information” from site visitors. This means that we do not track these items on an individual basis that identifies the site visitor, but rather gather and collect this information on an aggregate or anonymous basis that includes all site visitors. Non-personally identifiable information may include information such as tracking the site pages that are visited, the amount of time spent on our site, clicks, mouse movements, scrolls, page views, events (which shopping tools you interacted with), and zip code. This includes aggregate data provided by a third-party that surveys site visitors on our behalf.
This website uses Mouseflow, a third-party analytics tool, to track page content and click/touch, movement, scroll, and keystroke activity. You can opt-out at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out/. For more information on Mouseflow’s privacy practices go to https://mouseflow.com/privacy/.
If you visit a related mobile site or are directed to this site via a QR Code that you scanned, we collect additional non-personally identifiable information which may include the type/model of the mobile device viewing the site and the mobile device’s service provider and operating system.
If your mobile phone has the capability and the GPS feature on the mobile phone is turned on, you can utilize certain locator functionalities on the site which may utilize your GPS data to determine your location in order to fulfill your request.
Our primary goal in collecting non-personally identifiable information from you is to be able to perform site metrics that allow us to improve the functionality of the website.
We may use session and persistent “cookies,” session logs, spotlight ads/web beacons/GIF/pixel tags, banner ads or links, a third party that serves user-requested emails (e.g., a third-party email service provider for share with a friend user-customized emails) and third-party click tracking analytics tools (such as Adobe, DoubleClick, Efficient Frontier, Keynote and Google Analytics; these companies may also use such tools) to collect aggregate or other non-personally identifiable information about site visitors. An explanation on collection methods and how they work is included in Section 7 - Methods to Collect Information, below.
6. How We Use the Aggregate or Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect:
Non-Personally identifiable information collected on Lincoln.com may be used to:
• Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features
• Measure site activity to allow us to update our site to better meet user wants and needs
• Provide you content that may be of interest to you based on pages visited and items viewed
• Make the user experience more customer friendly
• Develop new and improved products, services and marketing
Lincoln.com utilizes non-personally identifiable information for the purpose of performing analytics on the user’s experience while visiting this site. This analysis:
• Is performed on an aggregate level and does not identify you or your information personally
• May involve the use of a third-party vendor acting on behalf of Lincoln.com
• May be combined with data collected by third parties on other sites and apps and across devices
• Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience
• May include the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this and other Ford Motor Company websites or to track other events within or across this and other Ford Motor Company websites
7. Methods to Collect Information:
A “cookie” is a small text file that helps us in many ways to make your visit to our website more enjoyable and meaningful to you. For example, cookies avoid you having to log in every time you come back to one of our websites. They also allow us to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. There are a couple different types of cookies.
A “session” cookie is stored only in your computer’s working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever.
A “persistent” cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive until a specified date, which could be tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. Persistent cookies stay on your computer until either a) they expire, b) they are overwritten with newer cookies, or c) you manually remove them. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent you from having access to some site functions or features.
This site may use a third party to activate and/or deliver a service, or deliver site functionality such as fulfilling your request to purchase a product or service, including items from our online store. In performing this function the third party may place a persistent cookie on your computer or have to gather personally identifiable information from you in order to activate and deliver the service, or facilitate the processing of your purchase.
This site may use third-party click tracking analytics tools (such as Adobe, DoubleClick, Efficient Frontier, Keynote, Google Analytics and Mouseflow) to capture clickthrough statistics. These parties may collect information about your use of the site and across different sites and mobile apps, and across devices over time.
Lincoln.com may use spotlight ads/web beacons/GIF/pixel tags which are site instrumentation tools that help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or not and, if so, how many times. Emails or electronic newsletters we send may use tools (e.g., pixel tags or web beacons) to gather email metrics and information to improve the reader’s experience such as how many of the emails are opened, if they were printed or forwarded, the type of device (e.g., mobile or PC) from which they were opened, and the city, state, and county associated with the applicable IP address. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a webpage, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon.
This website may generate a “session log” when you visit our site. We use session logs to help us determine how people travel through our site. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we’re providing is being used. The only data gathered is the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you came, the website that referred you, the pages you visited and the date and time of those visits
Users may be directed to this site via banner ads, site links or QR Codes. Ads, site links or QR Codes may use tools such as cookies or web beacons to deliver metrics on the effectiveness of the ads or links. They do not collect personally identifiable information from the user.
Users you may be provided the opportunity integrate with third-party social media sites, and this site may track on an aggregate level the number of items “liked” on this site, or items on this site that you choose to share with a third-party social media site
Interest-Based/Online Behavioral Advertising
Interest-Based Advertising. On some pages of our site we may allow third-party advertising partners to set web tracking tools (e.g., cookies, web beacons) to collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable information regarding your activities on those web pages (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such information we have collected with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and combine it with information collected from other websites, apps or other digital services) for purposes of delivering future targeted advertisements to you when you interact with other (non-Ford) sites, mobile apps or digital services within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising".
Pages of our website that collect information that may be used by such advertising partners for interest-based advertising purposes are identified by a link to AdChoices in the footer of the page.
Note: The process to opt-out of interest-based advertising is different for web browsers and mobile apps.
1. Opting out on website pages If you do not want your online browsing while on such pages to be used for interest-based advertising purposes, you may click on the AdChoices link in the footer to opt-out of such uses by the listed advertising partner(s). An opt-out applies only to the device and browser in use at the time of opting out. If you clear your browser cookies and wish to remain opted out of interest-based advertising, you must opt-out again. See the following paragraph to learn more about how opting out works. Even if you opt-out through this service, we may still collect non-personally identifiable information regarding your site activities and use it for non-interest-based advertising purposes.
1a. Opt-out Compliance Service for interest-based advertisements. This site and advertisements on third-party sites that link to this privacy statement use the Ghostery assurance service to comply with the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (now generally known as interest-based advertising) managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) (http://www.aboutads.info). When you opt-out on site pages, or through such advertisements, Ghostery conveys your opt-out election(s) to the applicable advertising partner(s), which then know to place a cookie on your specific computer and browser (and only the specific computer and browser from which you opt-out) indicating that you have opted out. If you clear your browser cookies and wish to remain opted out of interest-based advertising, you must opt-out again. The list of our advertising partners that place cookies on this website may be updated from time to time. To opt-out of internet-based advertising by all DAA-participating companies and to learn more about interest-based advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
2. Opting out of in App interest-based advertisements. iOS and Android mobile device users, and possibly users of other mobile devices, may control in App advertisements by disabling or resetting the mobile device advertiser ID. Below are links to instructions for controlling advertising IDs on iOS and Android devices.
iOS – click here
Android - click here
See the Opting out on website pages section above for opting out of interest-based advertising related to your mobile phone’s browser.
3. Opting out through online advertisements. Advertisements on third-party websites that contain the AdChoices link and that link to this privacy statement may have been directed to you based on anonymous, non-personally identifiable information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt-out of the advertising partners' use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes. Even if you opt-out through this service, we may still collect and use information from the advertisements for non-interest-based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
8. Sharing Your Information:
Lincoln.com does not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies for their own use without providing you a choice.
If you create account credentials, you may be provided the opportunity to use the same account identification (email address) for one or more Ford Motor Company or its affiliates’ websites (including SYNC) or you may choose to create a new account. To facilitate this for you, when you provide your email address to us on registration on certain portions of this website, we may check whether there is already an existing account with this email address and advise you. When you register with another Ford Motor Company or affiliate website, we share with such website whether an account exists for the email address you have entered so that you can be advised whether you may use an existing account.
Personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using our site features or requesting a product or service through this website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases. For site visitors in the U.S., personally identifiable information may be used for purposes of contacting you for things like promotional offers, marketing programs, or other communications from this website or other Ford Motor Company programs and services.
We may share personally identifiable information that we collect about you with other companies within the Ford Motor Company family of companies or subsidiaries. Our “family of companies” is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this “family” as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers.
Personally identifiable information that you provide to this site, except for mobile numbers provided when requesting text messages and mobile alerts, may be shared with our authorized dealers. This is necessary, such as, if you choose to set up an online service appointment through Vehicle Health Report (if equipped, U.S. only), to honor your request for a price quote on a vehicle or in order to provide a dealer with information for purposes of contacting you in their regular course of business. In addition, for VHR account holders, if you choose to set up an online appointment, in most cases your VHR data will automatically be sent to your preferred dealer in your SYNC profile. The dealer is not restricted by Lincoln Motor Company in their use of your data.
We may share personally identifiable information with vendors, contractors or partners in the normal course of business. Vendors, contractors or partners of Lincoln.com who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for Lincoln.com are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Lincoln.com.
Site metrics for Lincoln.com may be shared with other Ford Motor Company websites or subsidiaries or affiliates.
Lincoln.com will disclose your personally identifiable information, without notice, if (1) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Ford Motor Company, its affiliates or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Ford Motor Company, its affiliates or this site; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Ford Motor Company or affiliate personnel, users of their websites, or the public; or (2) if required to do so by law.
Contest or sweepstakes entrants only: If you are providing personally identifiable information in connection with a contest or sweepstakes through this website, and if you are selected as a winner, we may include your personally identifiable information in a publicly available winner’s list. See the applicable contest or sweepstakes rules.
9. Access To and Control Over the Use of Your Information:
To correct or update your personally identifiable information contact us at:
800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired)
Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
You will be asked for name and address so that we may be able to process your changes. We will use reasonable efforts to correct any factual inaccuracies in your information.
If you have created a SYNC account you can access this information by logging in to your SYNC account. To correct or update your personally identifiable information, you will be asked for your password or the answer to your security question so that we may be able to process your changes.
The scope of access available for this request is for information stored in the database that holds the data for this site. Any personally identifiable information that has been collected from you on other Company websites will not be accessible or changeable through the processing of this request.
10. Security of Your Information:
Safeguarding information of visitors to our website is important to us. While no systems, applications or websites are 100% secure, we use systems, policies and procedures to maintain accuracy of information and to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration.
When you send personally identifiable information, such as email address or telephone numbers, to Lincoln.com we use technologies such as “Secure Socket Layers” (SSL) or “Transport Layer Security (TLS) to protect your data. SSL and TLS are encryption technologies that helps safeguard your personally identifiable information against misuse by unauthorized individuals.
Vendors, contractors or partners of Lincoln.com who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for Lincoln.com are required to keep the information confidential.
Vendors are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Lincoln.com.
11. Processing of Personal Data:
By visiting this site and by providing your personally identifiable information to us, you understand and consent to the collection, use, processing, transfer, and disclosure of your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information globally --- including to the United States – in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Therefore, by visiting this site and by providing such information, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations. Your consent shall be deemed to include your consent to transfer of the personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information to locations that may have different levels of privacy protection than in your own country.
12. Links to Other Sites:
Lincoln.com provides links to other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of all sites that you visit, including those whose links are provided so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. Lincoln.com is not responsible for the privacy statements, content or data handling practices on other websites.
Parts of this site may provide dealer and vehicle locator services which are provided by a third-party vendor. In order to provide you with the closest dealers, we may need to collect your IP address to determine your general location, or we may ask you to provide location information such as zip code or City and State. In instances where we use a third-party vendor to provide dealer locator services, we will provide them a zip code.
13. Children’s Privacy:
Lincoln.com does not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age.
If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at the phone number or mailing address listed in section 14 if they want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for Lincoln.com.
14. Contacting Us:
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this online privacy statement for Lincoln.com, Lincoln.com privacy practices, or have any questions regarding the contents of this website please contact us at
800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired)
Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
Lincoln.com is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy and the handling of your data. Lincoln.com will be happy to respond to your questions and comments.
15. Privacy Statement Effective Date and Revision Days:
Occasionally we may update the privacy statement for Lincoln.com in order to reflect any changes to the website or our privacy practices. If we update this statement, including any updates reflecting material changes to our Online Behavioral/Interest-Based Advertising practices, the new statement will be posted to the website ten (10) days prior to the changes taking effect.
The effective date of this privacy statement is December 18, 2016.
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities).
To obtain this information on behalf of Ford Motor Company’s Ford and Lincoln U.S. operations please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
For an explanation of our privacy practices please review our privacy statement by clicking the "Privacy" link on our home page.
PLEASE READ THESE LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY – TERMS OF SUBMISSION (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“USER”, “YOU” OR “YOUR”) AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY (“FORD”, “WE”, “OUR” OR “US”) REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSION OF (AND OUR USE AND DISPLAY OF) YOUR ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND OTHER INFORMATION (“USER CONTENT”) MADE AVAILABLE AND PROVIDED BY YOU VIA TWITTER, INC. (“TWITTER”), FACEBOOK, INC. (“FACEBOOK”), TUMBLR, INC. (“TUMBLR”), INSTAGRAM, LLC (“INSTAGRAM”), VIMEO, INC. (“VIMEO”), YOUTUBE, LLC (“YOUTUBE”), PINTEREST, INC. (“PINTEREST”), LINKEDIN CORPORATION (“LINKEDIN”) AND/OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY OWNED AND/OR OPERATED PLATFORMS OR SERVICES (COLLECTIVELY, “THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS”).
1. COMPLIANCE AND ELIGIBILITY. BY SUBMITTING YOUR USER CONTENT, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH:
FURTHER, YOU REPRESENT, WARRANT AND COVENANT THAT:
2. SUBMITTING USER CONTENT. To submit your User Content, please read all instructions provided in connection with submitting and uploading User Content that may be made available on the applicable Third Party Platform, and complete and provide all necessary submission information requested therein. Additionally, all User Content must meet all the specifications and requirements relating to formatting, compatibility, operating characteristics and submission also made available via the applicable Third Party Platform, as well as the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including, without limitation, the requirements and restrictions set forth in Section 3 below. By submitting User Content, you also agree and understand that the term “User Content” will also include, without limitation, any and all information you submit or we may receive that is related to your User Content, including, without limitation, any descriptions and/or captions in connection therewith.
3. USER CONTENT REQUIREMENTS. You agree that any and all User Content you submit shall meet the following requirements and guidelines:
For the avoidance of doubt, if any User Content you submit contains any material or elements that are not owned by you, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of such User Content, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use, display and exhibition of the User Content by Ford as set forth herein, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the User Content. Ford reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Ford from you at any time.
YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL USER CONTENT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON FROM WHICH SUCH USER CONTENT ORIGINATED. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU ARE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ALL USER CONTENT THAT YOU SUBMIT, UPLOAD, OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE TO FORD. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING SET FORTH HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, FORD IS NOT OBLIGATED TO USE, PUBLISH AND/OR DISPLAY ANY USER CONTENT (IN WHOLE OR IN PART). FORD RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU AND WITHOUT LIMITING ANY AND ALL OTHER RIGHTS WE MAY HAVE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AT LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO REJECT, REMOVE AND/OR DELETE ANY USER CONTENT THAT IT DEEMS, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, VIOLATES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR ANY OF ITS STANDARDS AND PRACTICES.
4. RIGHTS GRANTED TO FORD. By submitting your User Content via the applicable Third Party Platform, you grant Ford an unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, perform, publish, broadcast, transmit, modify, host, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise exploit all or any portion of your User Content, in any form or format, on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered, including, without limitation, on Ford’s Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn channels, and any other channels, services, and other distribution platforms (including, without limitation via any Third Party Platform (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.)), whether currently existing or existing or developed in the future, of Ford (collectively, the “Ford Platforms”), for any purpose whatsoever (including, without limitation, for any promotional, advertising and marketing purposes) without accounting, notification, credit or other obligation to you, and the right to license and sub-license and authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted hereunder to Ford. In addition to the foregoing, by submitting your User Content via the applicable Third Party Platform, you also grant Ford an unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free right and license to use your name, image, likeness, performance, photograph, characteristic or other distinctive identification for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, in any form or format, on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered, in order to exploit any and all of the rights set forth herein in connection with the marketing, advertising and promotion of the Ford Platforms, and any products, goods, features, functions, capabilities and/or services associated with Ford, including, without limitation, to use and otherwise exploit your User Content, without any credit, compensation or accounting to you. You also understand and agree that neither all or any portion of your User Content, nor any commercial, advertisement, promotional, marketing or other material associated with your User Content, need to be submitted to you for approval prior to use.
5. OWNERSHIP. FORD DOES NOT ACQUIRE ANY TITLE OR OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE USER CONTENT THAT YOU SUBMIT AND/OR MAKE AVAILABLE. AFTER YOU SUBMIT, UPLOAD AND OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE ANY USER CONTENT, YOU CONTINUE TO RETAIN ANY SUCH RIGHTS THAT YOU MAY HAVE IN SUCH USER CONTENT, SUBJECT TO THE RIGHTS, LICENSES AND PRIVILEGES GRANTED HEREIN.
6. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to release, discharge, defend, indemnify and hold Ford, GTB Agency, LLC and each’s successors and assigns, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, licensors, suppliers and operational service providers (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising in any way out of or in connection with (a) your use of Lincoln Website and any and all features and functionality of the applicable Third Party Platform that allows you to submit and upload your User Content, (b) your breach or violation of this Agreement and/or (c) your User Content, including, without limitation, Ford’s use thereof. Ford reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and all negotiation for its settlement or compromise (as applicable), and in each such case, you agree to fully cooperate with us upon our request.
7. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE LINCOLN WEBSITE AND ANY AND ALL FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO UPLOAD AND SUBMIT YOUR USER CONTENT, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND YOUR USE OF SAME IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USER CONTENT, THE REPRESENTATIONS AND OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM USE OF THE LINCOLN WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM. THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES CONCERNING ACCESS TO AND/OR THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS AND/OR SECURITY OF THE LINCOLN WEBSITE AND ANY AND ALL FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM THAT ALLOW YOU TO UPLOAD AND SUBMIT YOUR USER CONTENT, AND ANY OTHER CONTENT, MATERIAL, SOFTWARE AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM WILL FUNCTION OR PERFORM IN ANY PARTICULAR MANNER.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, OF ANY KIND, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE LINCOLN WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM, THE USER CONTENT AND/OR FROM THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER ARISING OR CAUSED, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR THE BASIS OR CHARACTERIZATION OF THE CLAIM AND EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES AND REMEDIES, ACCORDINGLY SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. GOVERNING LAW. To the extent not prohibited by law, you agree (a) that this Agreement, and all disputes, claims, actions, suits or other proceedings arising hereunder and/in connection with your User Content, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive law of the State of Michigan applicable to contracts wholly made and to be performed within the State of Michigan, (b) to irrevocably submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Michigan, situated in Wayne County, Michigan, and (c) to irrevocably consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction by such courts and waive any right to plead, claim or allege that Michigan is an inconvenient forum.
By entering your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive a text message on your mobile phone. Standard messaging and data plan rates may apply.