How often should I change the engine air filter in my Lincoln vehicle?
You have to breathe fresh, clean air to be at your best. And so does your engine - that’s why a clean air filter is so important. A properly functioning air filter helps stop contaminants from getting into the engine, helping to extend its life. It also lets the engine breathe easier, which can help enhance performance and efficiency.
When you should change air filters
Lincoln Motor Company recommends that you replace this filter every 15,000-30,000 miles, depending on your vehicle model.
But you may want to replace it more often if:
- You drive on dirt roads or in excessively dusty conditions
- You see a lot of dirt or debris in the filter
- You experience a rough idle or sluggish acceleration
- You experience decreased efficiency
Genuine Motorcraft® air filters
If you take care of your vehicle, it will help take care of you. And when you use a Motorcraft air filter, you’re using a factory-approved replacement part that is specifically made for your vehicle.
Motorcraft air filters offer benefits, such as:
- More than 98% efficiency in stopping dust
- Treated filter material for better capacity and efficiency
- Tight, leak-proof polyurethane seals
- Extreme temperature resistance
- Application-specific filters—not “one size fits all”
Motorcraft is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.