How do I find the Axle Ratio and Limited Slip of my Lincoln vehicle?
To determine the axle ratio of your vehicle, locate the two-digit axle code first, then use your vehicle's towing guide to find the axle ratio that corresponds to that code. If your vehicle has a Limited Slip Differential, it will be noted as Limited Slip.
The instructions below will walk you through the steps.
Step 1 - Locate the axle code
1. Locate the Safety Compliance Certification Label on the driver's side front or rear door panel.
2. Find the word AXLE under the bar code.
3. Find the two-digit code under AXLE.
Step 2 - Find the axle ratio
- Visit the RV & Trailer Towing Guides page on the Ford fleet website.
- Select the Towing Guide for your vehicle's model year. Note: Rear axle ratios are available for 2008 and newer models.
- Refer to the Axle Ratio table to determine your rear axle ratio and Limited Slip.
Tip: To search the Towing Guide, press CTRL + F to open a search box in your browser. You can then enter any term, such as Axle Ratio, to search the guide.
If you need the Rear Axle Ratio for a vehicle produced before 2008, contact Lincoln Concierge by clicking LIVE CHAT in the lower right corner on the Lincoln Owner website, or by calling us at 800-521-4140.