Where can I find my Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)?
You can typically find your VIN in these locations:
- Driver's side doorjamb.
- Windshield, lower driver's side corner.
- Vehicle documentation, such as registration, insurance policy, lease, or promissory note.
Other locations may include your vehicle's SYNC®* 3 screen, the Lincoln Way®** App, or your Lincoln Account.
- SYNC 3 screen, if equipped.
- Press Settings.
- Press General.
- Select About SYNC.
- Lincoln Way App.
- Log in to the Lincoln Way App.
- Press Account.
- Select your vehicle under My Vehicles.
- Locate the VIN under VIN.
- Lincoln Account - Log in to your Lincoln Account. The VIN will be displayed below an image of your vehicle.
- The VIN location for 1967 and older vehicles varies by model. You may find the VIN on the driver's side doorjamb, inside the glove compartment, on the right-hand dash panel, or the top left-hand side of the frame between the steering gearbox and firewall.
- The letters I, O, and Q are not included in a VIN to avoid confusion with the numbers 1 (One) and 0 (Zero).
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**Lincoln Way, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.