What is Lincoln MyKey®*?
MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. You can program the restrictions to all keys except one. Any keys that you did not program are administrator keys or admin keys.
You can use admin keys to:
Not every vehicle includes the features listed below. If your vehicle has this equipment, you cannot change the following settings when using a MyKey:
- The safety belt reminder will be turned on, and the audio system will mute when the front seat passengers’ safety belts are not fastened.
- The low fuel or low charge warning will activate earlier, giving the MyKey user more time to refuel or recharge.
- Driver assist features, if equipped on your vehicle, will be forced on. These may include parking aids and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross Traffic Alert.
- Satellite radio, if equipped on your vehicle, will have restrictions on adult content turned on automatically.
You can configure certain vehicle feature settings when you first create a MyKey. You can also change the settings afterward with an admin key.
Note: Not every feature applies to every vehicle in every market. When they are available for your vehicle, they will appear in your information display, providing choices to switch them on or off, or to select a more specific setting.
- You can set a vehicle speed limit. When the MyKey driver reaches the set speed, the display will show warnings, followed by an audible tone. The driver will not be able to override the set speed by fully depressing the accelerator pedal or by using cruise control.
- You can also set various vehicle speed minders so that when the MyKey driver exceeds your preselected speed, the speed will be shown in the display followed by an audible tone.
- The audio system can be set to a maximum volume of 45%. When the MyKey driver attempts to exceed the volume limit, a message will show in the display. The speed-sensitive or speed-compensated automatic volume control will also be disabled.
- You can enable the Always On setting for Advance Trac or traction control, 911 Assist or Emergency Assist, or the do not disturb feature, if your vehicle is equipped with these features. When Always On is enabled for these features, the MyKey driver will be unable to switch them off.
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. See your Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.