Maintaining your brakes
Brakes are one of the most important parts of your vehicle.
When your brakes are healthy, they help your Lincoln stop quickly and reliably. They also help you maintain control while you’re driving.
And because worn brake components can cause drag, new brakes can also help improve your efficiency.
WHEN TO INSPECT YOUR BRAKE COMPONENTS
- Your brake pedal feels squishy or goes to the floor
- The brake system warning light turns on
- You feel a steering wheel vibration while driving, with or without the brakes applied
- You hear a squealing or grinding sound, with or without the brakes applied
- You smell a burning odor
- You see metallic flakes peeling off the brakes
- You see deep gouges or scratches on your brake rotors
- You tow a trailer or use a camper or vehicle-top carrier
- You drive in heavy stop-and-go traffic
- You drive in hilly or mountainous areas
- You drive off-road
GENUINE BRAKE COMPONENTS
- Optimized for safety, durability, and performance
- Built to minimize noise and vibration
- Meet or exceed Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS)
- Includes installation hardware, when needed
- Are application-specific—not “one size fits all”