Why am I seeing frequent "Watch the road" warnings while using Lincoln BlueCruise?
Vehicles equipped* with Lincoln BlueCruise use a driver-facing camera and infrared lighting to track your driving awareness. The camera is located between the steering column and the instrument panel.
If you experience frequent "Watch the road" warnings while using Lincoln BlueCruise, possible reasons they occur and recommended actions you can take are listed below.
Possible Reasons for the Warning
- Facial features are covered by a mask, hat, or other items.
- Lighting conditions are changing.
- You are outside the camera's field of view.
- You are making extensive movements.
- You are positioned or tilted to one side.
- Glasses or sunglasses are too dark or reflective.
- Pre-existing eye conditions such as eye misalignment
- Ensure the driver-facing camera has a clear view of your face.
- Remove facial coverings.
- Raise the seating position.
- Lower the steering column.
- Avoid leaning the seat back.
- Use sunglasses that are not dark, reflective, or infrared-blocking.
- Ensure your hands, arms, or other objects are not obscuring the driver-facing camera.
Watch the video below to learn more about these Bluecruise features.
*Also known as ActiveGlide®. BlueCruise requires a Connected Service plan that provides regular map updates, Lincoln Way® App, and modem activation. Lincoln BlueCruise-equipped vehicles come with either a 90-day trial or a 2 or 4-year BlueCruise Connected Service plan, after which purchase is required. See your retailer to confirm BlueCruise Connected Service plan options for your vehicle. Owners, see the Connected Services section of your Lincoln Account for your BlueCruise Connected Service plan status.
Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. Lincoln BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Blue Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.