How do I install SYNC®* 3 updates via Wi-Fi?
If your vehicle has SYNC 3 with navigation, you can set up the system to receive automatic software updates via Wi-Fi. Once set up, SYNC will automatically download software updates whenever a new version becomes available, so long as your vehicle is connected to the established Wi-Fi network.
Note: Wi-Fi updates are only available for Navigation-equipped vehicles. SYNC 3 vehicles without navigation can update via USB.
Enable Automatic Updates:
- Select Settings on your vehicle's SYNC 3 screen.
- Swipe to scroll the screen to the right and press Automatic Updates.
- Toggle the slide bar to ON.
- Select System Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Press View Available Networks.
- Select your network and enter the password if required. Your SYNC system is now set to check for software updates periodically.
- Whenever the system is updated, a System Updated message and icon will appear in the upper right corner of the SYNC screen.
- To update via Wi-Fi, your vehicle must be connected to an external Wi-Fi network, not the vehicle's hotspot, if equipped.
- You can use SYNC when a download is in progress.
- If the system is disconnected from the Wi-Fi network while a download is in progress, the download continues the next time a Wi-Fi connection is available.
- Updating SYNC does not update the Navigation maps. Click here to check for the latest map updates.
*Don't drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.