What are Lincoln Enhance Software Updates?
Lincoln Enhance Software Updates help ensure your SYNC®* 4 equipped-vehicle receives the latest software and feature updates. These improvements include:
- SYNC updates
- Feature upgrades
- Security enhancements
- System fixes
How it works
- Lincoln Enhance Software Updates are downloaded and installed using an external Wi‑Fi, such as your home's Wi-Fi, or through Lincoln Way™ Connect (modem). Note: For faster updates, connect your vehicle to an external Wi-Fi.
- Some updates will happen seamlessly in the background while you are driving.
- Non-driveable updates require your vehicle to be turned off for a short period of time. You can schedule the update to occur when you do not need to drive your vehicle. Note: The door locks will remain as they were (locked or unlocked) when the update starts. Personal belonging should be removed from your vehicle or secured.
How to get started
- Connect your vehicle to an external Wi-Fi
- Ensure Automatic Updates are turned on
- Setting a recurring schedule