How to setup and connect to your Wi-Fi Hotspot
Set up and connect to your Lincoln Connect™* with Wi-Fi Hotspot-equipped** vehicle and connect up to 10 devices simultaneously as well as make or receive calls while the Hotspot is in use.
Get the most out of your Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Fast data speeds through a 4G LTE connection on the AT&T nationwide wireless network
- Powerful vehicle antenna that maintains connection for up to 50 feet outside of the vehicle for up to 10 devices to utilizing the vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot at the same time
- Ability to make or receive calls while Wi-Fi is in use
Set up your Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Make sure your vehicle is parked and you are in a safe location
- Be sure to first download and familiarize yourself with the Lincoln Way™ app
- After setting up your Wi-Fi Hotspot, be sure to sign up for your complimentary data trial
- Start your vehicle.
- Find the “Vehicle Wi-Fi & Hotspot” menu
- Using the vehicle SYNC display, touch “Settings” on the bottom right of the screen.
- Scroll sideways until you locate the “Wi-Fi & Hotspot” menu
- Select the “Wi-Fi & Hotspot” menu and then select the “Vehicle Hotspot” tab.
- Check the default settings of the Wi-Fi Hotspot
Your vehicle’s Wi-Fi Hotspot should now be turned on and have a network to which devices can connect. To ensure it is working properly, connect a Wi-Fi enabled device.
- In the “Wi-Fi Hotspot” screen, verify that the “Wi-Fi Hotspot” is set to “On”. The “Toggle” should be moved to the right and in the “On” position. If it is not, press the “Toggle” button to turn the Wi-Fi Hotspot “On”.
- Touch the “Settings” tab and take note of the “Service Set Identifier” (SSID) name. This is the name of your Wi-Fi Hotspot and will be required later.
Note: Your Wi-Fi Hotspot has a default unique SSID name and password. You can change these in the Edit Wi-Fi Hotspot Settings screen and view them at any time.
- Click the “Edit” button located near the bottom center of the screen.
- Verify that the “Wi-Fi Visibility” setting is moved to the right and toggled “On”. Touch the toggle to move it to the “On” position if it is toggled off and moved to the left.
Connect to your vehicle’s Wi-Fi Hotspot
*Lincoln Connect is an optional feature. Includes complimentary 5-year subscription for remote features excluding Wi- Fi Hotspot, and starts with vehicle sale date. Subscription requires compatible 4G cellular network connectivity and is subject to 4G network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks may affect future functionality. Message and data rates may apply. The Lincoln Way™ app is on the App Store® and Google Play™. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play logo is a trademark of Google, Inc. Wi-Fi hotspot includes complimentary wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the complimentary subscription period for remote features. 20MY Aviator and 20MY Navigator include a complimentary unlimited wireless data trial for 1 month that begins upon AT&T activation. To activate, go to www.att.com/lincoln.
**Lincoln Connect-equipped vehicles with Wi-Fi Hotspot: All 2018 model year Lincoln Connect-equipped vehicles include Wi-Fi Hotspot capability with the exception of the 2018 model year MKT.