How can I tell when an oil change is required using the Lincoln Way®* App?
To use the Oil Life Time and Distance Estimator (OLTDE) in the Lincoln Way App, the following pre-conditions must be met:
- You must have a vehicle added to the Lincoln Way App.
- Your vehicle must be equipped with the Lincoln Connect®** 4G modem.
- Your Lincoln Connect modem must be activated.
- Your vehicle must support the Intelligent Oil Life Monitor feature within the instrument cluster.
- You must be willing to share your vehicle's Connected Vehicle Data with Lincoln.
If Your Vehicle Meets the Requirements Above:
- Log in to the Lincoln Way App.
- Navigate to the Vehicle landing page.
- Select the Oil Life tile.
The OLTDE sends several alerts regarding oil life based on the time and mileage driven between changes.
- Time to Plan - displays when the oil life is at 20% (or 30 days before the next service).
- Change Oil Soon - displays when the oil life is at 5%.
- Change Oil Now - displays when the oil life is 0%.
- Past Due - displays when the oil change due date is two weeks or 500 miles past due.
*The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Lincoln Way Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Lincoln Way App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see Lincoln Way Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.