Can I make a Backup Passcode to start my vehicle?
In the event your Phone as a Key™* device is lost or broken, a backup code can be created to work in its place. This occurs on your SYNC®** screen after you set up your Phone as a Key device, or at any time by selecting Backup Passcode under Settings on SYNC.
- On your SYNC touchscreen, you are presented with the option to create a Backup Passcode. To proceed, tap Yes.
- The instructions screen displays with setup requirements. Select Continue.
- If more than one Phone as a Key device is detected, you must select which one you want backed up.
- Enter the desired passcode.
- The code should contain at least six characters, numbers, and special symbols.
- If using only numbers, the code must contain at least 10 numeric characters.
- Re-enter the passcode. Press Done.
- A pop-up displays the completed, and remaining steps. At this time you may create a new door code, or use the existing code.
- If you choose to create a new door code, you will be prompted to enter the code on the screen.
- Re-enter the code. Press Enter.
- The success screens displays. Tap Finish.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.