How Do I Create a Backup Start Passcode With Phone As A Key?
Phone As A Key works like your vehicle’s key fob to lock/unlock doors, remotely start/stop your vehicle and more through the Lincoln Way®* App on your smartphone. You can access it all even when your fob isn’t with you.
HOW TO CREATE A BACKUP PASSCODE WITH PHONE AS A KEY
You never know when access to your smartphone could be disrupted. It is highly recommended that you create a backup passcode when you set up Phone As A Key for your vehicle. (Remember, a backup passcode can’t be created until Phone As A Key set up has been completed.) Simply follow these steps:
- Ensure your key fob and your smartphone that’s fully set up with Phone As A Key are nearby
- Park your vehicle in an open area
- Ensure your vehicle is running and follow the prompts on the in-vehicle display
- Select “Yes” on the SYNC® screen when prompted for Backup Start Passcode (If you do not receive a prompt and have not yet set up a backup start passcode, you’ll need to initiate the process from the main SYNC menu)
- Select the phone you would like to use for the Backup Start Passcode on the SYNC screen
- Choose and enter a passcode that meets minimum requirements using the keypad on the screen
- After your passcode is entered, you’ll be prompted to reenter it
- Once completed, click “Done”
*The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.