Why is my activation pending?
If you tried to activate your vehicle and received an Activation Pending status, please check the following:
- When attempting to accept the in-vehicle prompt, ensure that your vehicle is:
- On, running, in park, and in an open, safe area with good cellular service.
- Note: Your vehicle must be running and not in accessory mode.
- Check your cellular strength and or Wi-Fi connection.
- Wi-Fi connection:
- If Wi-Fi is turned off, turn Wi-Fi on and attempt to connect.
- If Wi-Fi is turned on, turn Wi-Fi off and attempt to connect using cellular data.
- Cellular connection:
- If cellular data is turned off, turn cellular data on and attempt to connect.
- If cellular data is turned on, turn cellular data off and attempt to connect using Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi connection:
- Ensure you are not connected to Bluetooth®* in your vehicle. If you are, disconnect your device from Bluetooth and try the activation again.
- Wait at least 90 seconds after trying to activate.
- If it has not been at least 90 seconds, wait at least 90 seconds for your vehicle to populate the acceptance prompt.
- Confirm whether you were able to use commands in the past.
- If so, did you create a second Lincoln Way account after deleting the app or attempting to log in?
- If yes, you may have another email address that contains your authorized vehicle. Please log out and try logging in with your other email address.
- Confirm whether the message you are receiving is that the vehicle has already been activated.
- If it is, but you are the only user - You may have another email address that contains your authorized vehicle. Please log out and try logging in with your other email address.
- If it is, but you are a secondary user - You will need approval from an authorized user.
- Tap the Request Authorization tab if you will be an additional command user.
- A message will be sent to all current activated users.
- They will receive a message in their app of your request.
- Once approved, you will have command access.
If you attempted/confirmed the steps above and your vehicle did not activate, please contact a Concierge.
Note: If you want to activate a vehicle and remove all existing activated users, you can perform a Modem Reset.
*The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.