What is the recommended Engine Coolant for my Lincoln?
Vehicle coolant, also known as antifreeze, circulates through the engine, absorbing heat. The coolant helps to keep the engine from overheating.
Follow these steps to determine the type of coolant your vehicle needs:
- Access FCSD Chemicals and Lubricants Quick Reference Charts.
- Click the PDF download icon to the left of the document titled, Motorcraft®* Engine Antifreeze/Coolants and Other Engine Cooling System Products Usage Charts.
- Once downloaded, open the PDF.
- Locate your vehicle's year and model in the table.
- Refer to the notes section under the table to understand the color coding used to identify which coolant your vehicle requires.
Note: For instructions on how to check and add engine coolant, refer to the Maintenance section of your vehicle's Owner's Manual.
How often do I need to get my vehicle serviced?
*Motorcraft® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.