What is Lincoln's Automatic Engine Shutdown?
For vehicles equipped with Intelligent Access with Push Button Start, the available Automatic Engine Shutdown turns off your vehicle if it has been idling for an extended period. The ignition also turns off to save battery power.
Temporarily Disabling Automatic Engine Shutdown
You can temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Shutdown feature by using the vehicle's SYNC® 3 touchscreen or the information display, depending on your SYNC 3 software version.
Note: You cannot permanently switch off the Automatic Engine Shutdown feature. When you switch it off temporarily, it turns on the next time you start your vehicle.
Option 1: SYNC 3 touchscreen
- Tap Settings on your vehicle's SYNC 3 screen.
- Select Vehicle.
- Toggle 30min Max Idle to Off.
Option 2: Information display
- Using the left-hand steering wheel control, scroll to Settings on the information display.
- Press OK to select Vehicle.
- Deselect the Auto Engine off box.
Actual screens may vary. See your Owner's Manual for information specific to your vehicle.