What is Lincoln's Rear Occupant Alert System*?
The Rear Occupant Alert System is a safety feature that monitors vehicle conditions and notifies you to check for rear seat occupants when you switch the ignition off.
How It Works
The system monitors when the rear doors have been opened and closed to indicate the potential presence of an occupant in the rear seat.
A message displays on the information and entertainment screen, and an audible warning sounds when you switch the ignition off after any of the following conditions have been met:
- A rear door is opened or closed while the ignition is on.
- You switch the ignition on within 15 minutes of a rear door opening and closing.
- You switch the ignition on within 15 minutes of the alert having displayed or sounded.
Rear Occupant Alert System Limitations
The system does not detect the presence of objects or passengers in the rear seat. It monitors when the rear doors are opened and closed.
- It is possible to receive an alert when there is no rear seat occupant, but alert conditions are met.
- It is possible to receive no alert when there is an occupant in the rear seat if alert conditions are not met. For example, if a rear seat occupant does not enter the vehicle through a rear door.
- The audible warning does not sound when the front door is opened before you switch the ignition off.
Reference the "Rear Occupant Alert System" section of your Owner's Manual for further information.
*Feature is available on select vehicles. Features may vary based on model year, trim, options, packages, and supply availability. Use the Build and Price tool to view feature availability on current models. If you have questions or need more information, reference your Owner’s Manual or contact your Lincoln Retailer. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.