How do I add windshield wiper fluid to my Lincoln vehicle?
You should check your windshield washer fluid when filling your fuel tank. If your washer fluid is low, refilling it is easy.
Before You Start
- Park your vehicle on a level surface, in a safe, well-ventilated area, and set the parking brake.
- Keep your arms away from the cooling fan(s) when checking the washer fluid. Fans can turn on automatically, even when the engine is off.
- Only put windshield washer fluid in the washer fluid reservoir. Other vehicle fluids can damage your wiper/washer system.
- Do not use water in the washer fluid reservoir. If it freezes, it can clog and damage the reservoir and hoses.
- In freezing weather, use low-temperature washer fluid, and do not fill the reservoir all the way.
Adding Windshield Wiper Fluid
- Open your hood and find your washer fluid reservoir. It is usually a white, translucent container with a windshield/water symbol on the cap. If your vehicle has a rear wiper, there may be a second reservoir.
- Remove the cap(s) and check the fluid level in the reservoir(s). If full, do not add wiper fluid.
- Carefully pour the wiper fluid into the reservoir(s) until it almost reaches the top.
- Replace the cap(s) and press down until it pops into place, then close the hood.