How do I change SYNC®* Connectivity Settings?
To use the available remote features such as Remote Start, Lock, or Unlock, you will need to ensure that your Connectivity Settings in your vehicle are enabled.
Determine which generation of SYNC you have using the following resources, then click on the appropriate drop-down menu below.
Identify Your Vehicle's SYNC Generation
There are two resources to help you identify your vehicle's SYNC generation:
- The SYNC and Navigation Updates page allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or log in with your Lincoln credentials, and select Check for Update. Your current SYNC generation will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- The SYNC Visual Reference Guide has example images of each generation of SYNC Lincoln has offered.
Change Connectivity Settings
- Press Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Connectivity.
- Choose Connectivity Vehicle Features.
- Toggle Vehicle Connectivity to your preference, ON or OFF.
We recommend keeping Vehicle Connectivity toggled to ON for the best update experience.
Enable Connectivity Settings
- Turn on your vehicle.
- Tap Settings on your vehicle's SYNC 3 screen.
- Select Lincoln Connect®** Settings.
- Select desired settings you wish to enable.
- Ensure all Connectivity Settings are enabled to access all Lincoln Way®*** App features.
- To disable, slide the buttons to Off.
- On the App, navigate to Vehicle.
- Tap the Refresh icon to reestablish your modem connection.
Disable Connectivity Settings
- On SYNC 3 select Settings.
- Tap on Lincoln Connect Settings.
- Select desired settings you wish to disable.
- Vehicle Connectivity disables remote commands, vehicle data, and vehicle location.
- Remote Control & Vehicle Data disables just remote commands and vehicle data.
- Location disables only location.
- On the Lincoln Way App, navigate to Home.
- A banner will notify you that connectivity has been disabled.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**Lincoln Way Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Lincoln Way App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see Lincoln Way Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
***The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.