How do I disable or enable Android Auto™* with SYNC®**?
Android Auto with SYNC allows you to access your phone, make calls, send and receive messages, or listen to music in your vehicle. To enable or disable Android Auto, identify which generation of SYNC you have, then select the appropriate drop-down menu below.
Important: Some SYNC features, such as the optional navigation system, will not be available when using Android Auto.
Identifying Your Vehicle's SYNC Generation
There are two resources to help you identify your vehicle's SYNC generation:
- The SYNC and Navigation Updates page allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or log in with your Lincoln credentials, and select Check for update. Your current SYNC generation will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- The SYNC Visual Reference Guide has example images of each generation of SYNC Lincoln has offered.
Enable/Disable Android Auto with SYNC
To enable or disable Android Auto with SYNC 4:
- Select Phone on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Phone List.
- Select your phone from the Phone List.
- If Android Auto is not already enabled, press Connect to Android Auto to enable.
- To disable Android Auto, select Disconnect.
Once your phone is paired via Bluetooth to SYNC with an Android phone for the first time, you will receive the following prompt on your SYNC screen:
Note: This pop-up will only appear the first time your device is paired via Bluetooth. On subsequent vehicle start-ups, you must use the settings in SYNC to disable or enable Android Auto.
To enable or disable Android Auto with SYNC 3:
- Select Settings.
- Swipe to Android Auto Preferences.
- Choose your phone from the list of devices.
- To enable Android Auto, press Enable.
- To disable Android Auto, press Enable, then select Disable from the available options.
*Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
**Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.