How to change 911 Assist settings
If you're in a crash that causes airbags to deploy or, in certain vehicles, the fuel-pump to shut off, 911 Assist® uses your paired phone to call a 911 operator. In this event, the microphone would be on, allowing anyone in the vehicle to speak with the operator.
It’s important to note that the 911 Assist feature is off by default, so you must change settings to turn it on. Most SYNC® vehicles can be upgraded* to include 911 Assist.12,18
* If your vehicle does not have the 911 Assist SYNC feature, a dealer upgrade may be available to add it. There may be a fee for this service, so please check with your dealership. Eligible vehicles include: Lincoln model year 2008 MKX, MKZ, and Navigator. Lincoln model year 2009 MKS, MKX, MKZ, and Navigator.
Before you start
- Turn on your vehicle's engine while in Park, not Accessory mode
- Connect your paired phone
- Familiarize yourself with the controls in your vehicle
- Press the Phone button.
- Press the Arrows to scroll through the Phone menu until you see 911 Assist.
- Press the OK button to select it.
To enable 911 Assist, press the Arrows until you see Set On?, then press OK.
- You'll see the confirmation message, "911 Assist ON."
To disable 911 Assist, return to the 911 Assist menu and press the Arrows until you see Set Off?, then press OK.
- You'll see the confirmation message, "911 Assist OFF."