How to reverse pair your phone
To use any of the phone features for SYNC® —such as making a call or using SYNC Services—you must first connect, or "pair" your Bluetooth® -enabled phone. Some smartphones use a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) and cannot accept the six-digit PIN provided by SYNC. Reverse pairing allows you to pair a phone requiring a four-digit PIN.25
- Enable your phone’s Bluetooth® feature and make your phone discoverable.
- Press the Phone button to access the Phone Menu. Press OK.
- Press the arrow buttons until Add a Device displays. Press OK.
- SYNC prompts, "Press OK to begin pairing device." Press OK.
- SYNC prompts, "Search for SYNC on your device and enter the PIN provided by SYNC." Press OK.
- When SYNC displays the six-digit PIN, press the Seek arrow until Special PIN displays. Press OK.
- The number 0000 displays.
- When your phone displays a similar prompt to enter a PIN, type the same numbers, 0000, and press OK or enter.
If your phone asks if you always want to accept this request, choose Yes.
- Upon successful pairing, a message displays confirming the phone is connected. Your phone is now paired.
You can make this your primary phone and download your phonebook.