What are the phone requirements for Android Auto™*?
- Your Android™ phone has Lollipop 5.0 or later.
- Android Auto is installed on your phone.
- Your phone is tethered to SYNC®** correctly:
- SYNC 3: The phone must be tethered to the vehicle using a high-quality USB cable.
- SYNC 4: The phone should be connected via Bluetooth®***. Note: SYNC 4 Bluetooth connection varies by the phone manufacturer. In cases where a wireless connection is not working, connect using a high-quality USB cable.
*Available feature. Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Android Auto is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade (available late 2016). Requires phone with compatible version of Android Auto and active data service. SYNC does not control Android Auto while in use. Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Message and data rates may apply.
Android Auto, Google, Google Play, and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
***The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.