How do I activate Android Auto™* using SYNC®** 3?
SYNC 3 allows you to use Android Auto to access your phone and make calls, send and receive messages, or listen to music.
To activate Android Auto on your SYNC 3 screen:
- Download the latest version of the Android Auto app on your smartphone and other Google™*** apps including Google, Google Maps™, and Google Play™ Music.
- Press Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Select Android Auto Preferences.
- Slide the Enable Android Auto toggle to the right.
- Plug your smartphone into a USB port in your vehicle using your device’s manufacturer-provided USB cable. A pop-up message will appear on your SYNC screen the first time you connect.
- Select Continue.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions on SYNC and on your smartphone. Android Auto will appear on your SYNC touchscreen.
Note: Some SYNC features such as the optional navigation system and SYNC AppLink® will not be available when using Android Auto.
Back to Activate Android Auto with SYNC
*Requires phone with active data service and compatible software. SYNC 3 does not control 3rd party products while in use. 3rd Parties are solely responsible for their respective functionality.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
***Google, Google Maps, Google Play, and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.