How do I activate Lincoln Connect™ using SYNC®* 3?
Active your Lincoln Connect**-equipped vehicle so that you can start using the complimentary remote features such as Remote Lock/Unlock, Remote Start, or Vehicle Location.
Step 1: Download the Lincoln Way™ App***
- Download the Lincoln Way App on the App Store®**** or Google Play™.
- Log in using your existing Lincoln Account username and password or create an account.
- Add your Lincoln Connect-equipped vehicle to the Lincoln Way App.
Step 2: Activate your Lincoln Connect-equipped vehicle
- Tap Vehicle Details in the Lincoln Way App.
- Tap Activate Vehicle. An Activation Pending message will appear.
- Go to your vehicle and start the engine. Ensure your vehicle is parked in a well-ventilated area.
- Allow up to 90 seconds for the prompt to appear on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Allow on your vehicle's SYNC screen to activate Lincoln Connect.
Note: If you do not press Allow within 10 consecutive startups, you will need to restart the activation process from the beginning. If the pop-up does not appear on the SYNC screen:
- Turn the vehicle off and open the driver's door to power down the vehicle.
- Wait 30 seconds and press Activate Vehicle again in the Lincoln Way App.
- Start the vehicle and press Allow on the SYNC screen.
Step 3 (optional): Enable Lincoln Connect Connectivity Settings through the SYNC screen
- Tap Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Select Lincoln Connect.
- Tap Connectivity Settings.
- Toggle On or OFF the following options:
- Vehicle Connectivity
- Vehicle data & Remote ctrl
Did you know?
For select 2018 and newer Lincoln vehicles, Lincoln Connect is equipped with a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot that allows up to 10 devices to connect at once. Click here to learn how to set up the Wi-Fi hotspot in your vehicle.
*Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**Lincoln Way™ vehicle connectivity subscription is complimentary for five years from vehicle sales date, as recorded by the dealer, or availability of 4G cellular network, whichever comes first. Lincoln Way vehicle functionality requires compatible cellular network connectivity and subscription, and is subject to 4G cellular network availability. Evolving technology and cellular networks may affect future functionality Message and data rates may apply.
Note: availability varies by vehicle
***The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
****App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.