How do I perform a SYNC®* 3 master reset?
Resetting the System
Before performing a master reset, try resetting the system to restore functionality. The system reset does not delete any data you have stored. To reset the system:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Seek up and the Audio Unit Power buttons until the screen goes black.
- Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
- Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.
If the system reset does not resolve the issue, continue with a master reset.
Performing a Master Reset
- Press Settings on your SYNC screen.
- Press the General icon (you may have to swipe to the next screen).
- Press the Scroll bar or swipe vertically until you see Master Reset.
- Press Master Reset. A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear.
- Press Continue. A Resetting to factory defaults message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.
Note: Instructions may vary. For specific information to your vehicle, refer to your Owner's Manual.
Back to Master Reset
How do I pair my phone with SYNC 3?
What do I do if my phone is not pairing?
How do I use 911 Assist with SYNC 3?
How do I find the ESN on SYNC 3?
What do I do if I am unable to download my contacts?
What do I do if I am having issues with text messaging?
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.