How do I set up the Wi-Fi Hotspot* with SYNC® 3?
Lincoln Connect™** with 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot is a feature that allows up to 10 devices to connect at once. Follow the steps below to sign up and start using a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Step 1: Download the Lincoln Way™*** App.
- Download the Lincoln Way App on the App Store®**** or Google Play™*****.
- Log in using your existing Lincoln Account username and password or create an account.
- Add your Lincoln Connect-equipped vehicle.
Step 2: Activate your Lincoln Connect-equipped vehicle.
- Tap Vehicle Details in the Lincoln Way App.
- Tap Activate Vehicle. An Activation Pending message will appear.
- Go to your vehicle and start the engine.
- Press Allow on your vehicle's SYNC® screen to activate Lincoln Connect.
Step 3: Set up a data plan.
- Tap Vehicle at the bottom of the Lincoln Way home screen.
- Select Vehicle Hotspot.
- Touch Manage my Account, and select YES to be taken to AT&T's website.
Step 4: Enable the Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Start your vehicle.
- Touch Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Select either Wi-Fi & Hotspot or FordPass Connect, whichever your vehicle displays.
- Select Vehicle Hotspot.
- Slide the Toggle button to the right to enable the Wi-Fi hotspot.
Step 5: Connect your device to the vehicle's Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi button to ON and wait for the available networks to load.
- Select the name of your vehicle's Wi-Fi Hotspot (SSID).
- Note: If you do not see it listed, try toggling your phone's Wi-Fi off and on again.
- Enter your vehicle's Wi-Fi Hotspot password to connect your device to the vehicle's hotspot.
*Wi‑Fi hotspot includes wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3 GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the complimentary subscription period for remote features. To activate, go to www.att.com/lincoln.
**Lincoln Way™ vehicle connectivity subscription is complimentary for five years from vehicle sales date, as recorded by the dealer, or availability of 4G cellular network, whichever comes first. Lincoln Way vehicle functionality requires compatible cellular network connectivity and subscription, and is subject to 4G cellular network availability. Evolving technology and cellular networks may affect future functionality Message and data rates may apply.
Note: availability varies by vehicle
***The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
****App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
******Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.