How do I use SYNC AppLink with my Android smartphone?
Many of us want to be connected everywhere, all the time. SYNC® AppLink™ allows you to use your compatible Android™ mobile apps while keeping your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.12,33,53
SYNC AppLink is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyLincoln Touch®. Commands may vary by phone and SYNC AppLink software. Compatible apps must be installed and running on compatible devices.
Here’s how to use SYNC AppLink with your Android* device.
* SYNC AppLink works with most devices with Android OS 2.1 or later.
- To connect a phone via Bluetooth for the first time, press the Phone icon in the Feature bar and press Add a Bluetooth device.
- To connect a phone that has been previously paired, press the Phone icon in the Feature bar and select the device you wish to connect.
- Press the Apps icon in the Feature bar at the bottom of the SYNC 3 touchscreen.
- Press the icon of the app you wish to use.
Note: You may be prompted with messaging asking you to enable mobile apps. Select Yes to enable mobile apps. When your choice has been confirmed, press Close, and re-select the app you wish to use.
Now with a quick tap or swipe of the SYNC 3 touchscreen, or by speaking a command, you can view and control compatible mobile apps on your smartphone.
Note: App-specific voice commands can be found in the SYNC 3 AppLink catalog. After choosing an app listed in the catalog, click View SYNC Voice Commands.
- You can also change apps in the Apps menu on the touchscreen or by voice command.
Or, you can access audio apps by pressing the Audio icon in the Feature bar at the bottom of the touchscreen, selecting Source, and then choosing the desired app.