How to listen to and reply to text messages
SYNC® will read incoming text messages to you while your vehicle is in motion. SYNC can translate commonly used abbreviations such as LOL. When your vehicle is stopped*, you can choose among 15 preset messages to reply to your messages.12
- A soft tone alerts you to an incoming text message and a notification displays on your radio screen.
- Press OK to receive the message.
- Press or pull the Voice button and say, "Read text message."
- SYNC will read the message aloud.
- Stop your vehicle to reply to the text message with the radio controls.
When the text message displays on the screen, press OK to reply.
- Press the Arrow buttons to scroll through a list of 15 preset messages on the radio screen.
- I'll call you back in a few minutes.
- I just left, I'll be there soon.
- Can you give me a call?
- I'm on my way.
- I'm running a few minutes late.
- I'm ahead of schedule, so I'll be there early.
- I'm outside.
- I'll call you when I get there.
- Stuck in traffic.
- Call me later.
- When the message you want to send appears on the screen, press OK.
- SYNC prompts you to confirm your selection. Press OK to confirm.