How to download SYNC software updates to a USB drive
Download the latest SYNC® software update to a USB drive at no charge. You can then install the update in your vehicle. Afterwards, be sure to report the successful installation.
Before you start
- Activate your SYNC Owner account (if you haven’t already done so), by logging in and registering your vehicle
- Locate an empty USB drive that holds 2 GB or more of data and is not password-protected
- Log in to your SYNC Owner account.
- Visit the SYNC Software Updates page.
If you see the notification, "You have an update available," choose Download SYNC Update.
- Locate an empty USB drive that has at least 2 GB of free space and is not password protected. When you have a USB drive ready, insert it into to your computer and choose Start Download Process.
When you have the USB drive ready, insert it into to your computer and choose Start Download Process. Follow the accompanying instructions on how to download the files and transfer them to your USB drive.
- Once you've successfully downloaded the files and transferred them to your USB drive, you'll need to take the loaded USB drive to your vehicle to install the software update files to SYNC.