How do I install SYNC®* updates using a USB?
You can see if there is a SYNC update available for your vehicle by going to the Lincoln Owner Support site.
Follow these steps:
- Visit Lincoln.com/support.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select Search.
- Scroll down until you see the SYNC® UPDATES tile. This will show you if a SYNC update is available.
- If one is available, select View Updates.
- Click on the Flash Drive tile.
- Follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
Note: If your vehicle is equipped with SYNC 3 with Navigation, you can enable automatic updates via Wi-Fi**.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**Requires in-vehicle USB mobile broadband connection, PAN-supported mobile device, or proximity to an outside wireless hotspot. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.®