How to check if SYNC needs a software update
You can always keep track of your SYNC® software update status by logging in to the SYNC Software Updates page. This is where you'll find any notifications about your SYNC software version. Each SYNC software update is tailored to your system, so it’s important that you report your a successful software update each time you install an update in your vehicle.12
Before you start
- Activate your SYNC Owner account (if you haven’t already done so), by logging in and registering your vehicle
- Familiarize yourself with your vehicle’s USB port, controls, and display
- Locate an empty USB drive that holds 1 GB or more of data and is not password-protected
- Log in to your SYNC Owner account.
- Visit the SYNC Software Updates page.
- If you see a notification that says, "You have recently downloaded an update," choose Confirm Update. You'll be instructed on how to report your last successful installation so that we can keep you informed when new updates are available to you.
If you see a notification that says, "You have an update available," then your SYNC system is due for a software update. Choose Download SYNC Update and follow the instructions on how to update your SYNC system.
If you don't see any notifications on the SYNC Software Updates page, then your SYNC system is up to date. Please check back at a later date for more information on the next software update for your system.
Your dealer can also help determine your SYNC version. There may be a charge for this service, so check with your dealer first.