Why am I getting a "Navigation SD Card Fault" message on SYNC®* with MyLincoln Touch®?
SYNC with MyLincoln Touch, when equipped with a navigation system, uses an SD card that contains the map data. If the card gets dislodged from the SD card slot, you will get an error message.
Note: The location of the SD card slot varies by vehicle year and model and is available in your Owner's Manual.
- If accessing an online PDF manual, use the search feature of your reader (often the key combination of Ctrl + F) and input "SD card."
- If accessing an HTML version of your manual, use the search bar at the top of the screen.
If you have lost your navigation functions, try the troubleshooting steps below:
Remove and reinsert the SD card
- Turn off your vehicle.
- Push and release the SD card to remove it.
- Insert the SD card back into the slot and make sure it clicks into place.
- Start your vehicle.
Perform a master reset
Note: A master reset will erase all stored data, such as call history, text messages, and previously paired phones.
- Ensure your vehicle is on and in Park (P), in a well-ventilated area.
- Press the Gear Icon at the bottom of your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Settings.
- Select System.
- Scroll down and press Master Reset. A warning screen will pop up.
- Disconnect all USB devices, Bluetooth devices, and any SD cards.
- Press Yes to continue. You will go through a series of blank screens and messages. The Master Reset is complete once the home screen reappears.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.