How to listen to and reply to text messages with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation can read incoming text messages to you while your vehicle is in motion. SYNC can translate commonly used emoticons and abbreviations such as :-) and LOL. When your vehicle is parked, you can choose among 15 preset messages to reply to your messages.12,25
- A soft tone alerts you to an incoming text message and a notification displays on your radio screen.
- Press OK to receive the message.
- Press or pull the Voice button and say, "Read text message."
- SYNC can read the message aloud.
- Replying to text messages when your vehicle is parked
When your vehicle is parked you can reply to text messages with the radio controls. When the text message displays on the screen, press OK to reply.
- Press the Arrow buttons to scroll through a list of 15 preset-messages on the radio screen.
I'll call you back in a few minutes.
I just left, I'll be there soon.
Can you give me a call?
I'm on my way.
I'm running a few minutes late.
I'm ahead of schedule, so I'll be there early.
I'll call you when I get there.
Stuck in traffic.
Call me later.
- When the message you want to send appears on the screen, press OK.
- SYNC prompts you to confirm your selection. Press OK to confirm.