How to pair your phone with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
To use any of the phone features for SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation—such as making a call, receiving a text message, or using SYNC Services—you must first connect, or "pair," your Bluetooth®-enabled phone. Pairing is what allows Bluetooth devices to communicate securely with each other.
Please note that SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation can make and receive calls using only one paired phone at a time.27,48,129
- Turn on your
- Mobile phone
- Enable your phone’s Bluetooth® feature and make your phone discoverable.
- Select Phone with the radio or steering wheel button or touchscreen to access the Phone Menu.
- Press Settings on the touchscreen.
If this is the first phone to be paired, this will be a pop-up; otherwise, touch the Settings tab.
- Touch Add
If other previously paired Bluetooth-enabled phones or media players are turned on during the pairing process, SYNC will list them on the screen.
- SYNC prompts, "Search for SYNC on your device and enter the PIN or Pass-key provided by SYNC."
A six-digit number will display on the screen for three minutes, during which time SYNC actively seeks the same number from your phone.
- On your phone, type the six-digit number displayed by SYNC.
Upon successful pairing, SYNC displays a message confirming that the phone is connected.
- Exit the phone pairing process by touching OK on the Exit message.