How do I fix a blank screen on my SYNC®* 3 system?
Your SYNC 3 system may exhibit a blank or black screen. To recover the screen, try the troubleshooting tips below.
Verify that you have the latest SYNC version
- Have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available.
- Go to the SYNC System updates page.
- Enter your VIN.
- Click on Check for update to confirm the status of your SYNC software.
Perform a key cycle
- Turn the vehicle off. The vehicle's engine should not be running, and the vehicle should not be in accessory mode.
Note: Many newer vehicles will keep the radio on, even when the car is turned off until a door is opened.
- Open the driver’s door and lock the door.
- Close the driver’s door.
- Wait two minutes and ensure the radio display turns off.
- Restart the vehicle.
Perform a soft reset
- Select Radio.
- Hold the Power button (center of the volume knob) + the Right-Seek button at the same time for approximately five seconds.
- The display will indicate when the module is resetting. You may then release the buttons.
If you are still experiencing an issue, contact your Lincoln Retailer to have your vehicle inspected.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.