What do I do if I get an LST_005 Error when updating my SYNC®* 3 Navigation map?
Use the following steps If you recieve an LST_005 error message while attempting to install your SYNC 3 Navigation map update.
Before you start, find your SYNC 3 software version:
- Tap Settings on your vehicle's SYNC 3 screen.
- Select General.
- Tap About or About SYNC.
- If your vehicle has SYNC 3 v3.0, there should be seven (7) files in the SyncMyRide folder. If the JR3T-14G242-CF.TAR.GZ file is missing, you will see the LST_005 error when attempting to install the map update.
- If your vehicle has SYNC v3.3 or v3.4, there should be 15 files in the SyncMyRide folder. If the 4U5T-14G424-CD.TAR.GZ file is missing, you will see an LST_005 error when attempting to install the map update.
When you find that the license file is missing:
- Find the map license key zip file, which is Download #3 in the download instructions you received after purchasing the SYNC map update.
- Drag and drop the zip file to the SyncMyRide folder. Note: The file must remain zipped.
- Try to install the update again.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.