How do I use Lincoln BlueCruise* with SYNC®**?
You can switch BlueCruise on or off using steering wheel controls after a one-time enabling of the feature has been performed with your SYNC system.
For Lincoln BlueCruise to function, the following pre-conditions must be met:
- Your vehicle's Lincoln Connect modem is authorized through the Lincoln Way App.
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering are on.
- The cameras detect both road lane markings.
- Your seat and steering column are positioned so the driver-facing camera can monitor your face.
- Your hands are on the wheel, and your eyes are on the road.
- The instrument cluster shows an activation prompt with a steering wheel and text. It notifies you that the feature is available in Hands-Free Blue Zones.
- BlueCruise is not available above 80 miles per hour (mph) or 128 kilometers per hour (kph). Lane Centering Assist is available above 80 mph or 128 kph.
- You must be prepared to resume control upon vehicle request.
Identifying Your Lincoln's SYNC Generation
Use the following two resources to help you identify your vehicle's SYNC generation:
- SYNC and Navigation Updates page allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select Check for update, or select Login and use your Lincoln credentials. Your current SYNC generation will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- SYNC Visual Reference Guide has example images of each generation of SYNC Lincoln has offered.
Important: BlueCruise is unavailable for SYNC generations older than SYNC 4.
To set up BlueCruise:
- Select Features on your SYNC screen.
- Tap Driver Assistance.
- Choose Adaptive Cruise Control.
- Toggle Lane Centering with Hands-Free to the ON position as indicated below.
Once You are On the Road
To turn on BlueCruise in your vehicle:
- Press the Adaptive Cruise Control button on your steering wheel.
Press the toggle button to set and adjust the Cruise Control speed.
- You can also set a gap distance.
- The instrument cluster illuminates in blue, with an alert and a blue steering wheel icon to indicate that BlueCruise is on.
- The cluster then shows a prompt with a steering wheel and text above indicating Hands-Free Driving is activated.
You can now take your hands off the wheel and foot off the pedals while keeping your eyes on the road. Hands-Free Driving handles acceleration, braking, and steering.
Turning Off BlueCruise
BlueCruise can be switched off by pressing the:
- Brake pedal.
- Lane Assist button.
- Adaptive Cruise Control button.
*Available on select vehicles. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See your Owner's Manual for details and limitations. Requires Lincoln Connect activation through the Lincoln Way App (see Lincoln Way Terms for details) and a Lincoln Way Member Account.
**Do not drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.