How do I activate the Lincoln Connect®* modem in my vehicle?
You can enable your Lincoln Connect modem by using the Lincoln Way App®** and adjusting your Connectivity Settings in your vehicle's SYNC®*** system. Activating the vehicle's Lincoln Connect modem enables remote commands as well as other features.
- Your vehicle must have a Lincoln Connect embedded modem.
- Your vehicle must be added to the Lincoln Way App.
Activating the Modem
- Log in to the Lincoln Way App.
- Select Home.
- Tap Activate Vehicle.
- Read the pop-up notification and select Got it.
- Go to your vehicle and:
- Start your vehicle.
- Leave it running in Park (P).
- Accept the activation confirmation message on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Verify that remote features, such as lock, unlock, and start, are available in the App.
Enable Lincoln Connect Connectivity Settings
Select your SYNC generation from the drop-down options below.
Two resources to help you identify your vehicle's SYNC generation are:
- The SYNC and Navigation Updates page allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or log in with your Ford credentials, and select Check for update. Your current SYNC generation will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- The SYNC Visual Reference Guide has example images of each generation of SYNC.
Important: Ensure that your vehicle is on and running in a well-ventilated area, and it is in Park (P).
To enable the modem's Connectivity Settings with SYNC 4:
- Press Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Connectivity.
- Choose Connectivity Vehicle Features.
- Toggle Vehicle Connectivity ON.
To enable the modem's Connectivity Settings with SYNC 3:
- Turn on your vehicle.
- Tap Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Select Lincoln Connect Settings.
- Select the settings you wish to enable.
- Ensure all Connectivity Settings are enabled to access all Lincoln Way App features.
- To disable, slide the buttons to Off.
- On the App, navigate to Vehicle.
- Tap the Refresh icon to reestablish your modem connection.
*Lincoln Way Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Lincoln Way App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see Lincoln Way Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
**The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
***Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.