How to change 911 Assist settings
If you're in a crash where airbags deploy or (in certain vehicles) the fuel-pump shuts off, 911 Assist with GPS® uses your paired phone to call a 911 operator.* The microphone is on so anyone in the vehicle can speak to the operator, even if unable to reach the controls. 911 Assist is off by default, so you must change settings to turn it on or disable reminder alerts.12,18
*Aftermarket OBD-II wireless transceiver diagnostic devices may interfere with various vehicle systems including Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist. To avoid interference, remove the device or contact the device maker for more information on compatibility.
- On the Home screen, touch the Settings icon.
- On the Settings menu, touch Help, then touch 911 Assist.
- On the 911 Assist screen, touch 911 Assist On.
- If you leave 911 Assist disabled, you'll receive audio and visual reminders of its disabled status when your phone connects to SYNC.
To disable audio reminders, touch 911 Assist Reminder Off.
- To change either setting, simply return to the 911 Assist screen and touch On or Off.