GAPCoverage provides protection for the gap between your insurance payoff and your remaining finance balance. In such events, GAPCoverage may pay the difference between the actual cash value of your Lincoln vehicle and your remaining balance to the lesser of $125,000 or 150% of MSRP (new)/150% of NADA “retail” value with deductible coverage of up to $1,000.
If you want additional peace of mind, you may also elect for GAPAdvantage, which provides a $1,000 credit toward the cost of a replacement vehicle from your originating Lincoln Dealer (where available).
Both GAPCoverage and GAPAdvantage are only available at the time of vehicle purchase.
While we endeavor to provide you with significant protection whenever possible, GAPCoverage/GAPAdvantage is not able to provide benefits when loss or damage occurs:
- Due to fraud or intentional damage by you
- Prior to the total loss date
- Outside the U.S. or Canada
- After the redemption period following a repossession
- Due to legal confiscation by a public official
- If licensed, registered/titled in business name or used for business or has a salvage title
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS INCLUDE
- Late charges, delinquent payments and deferred payments
- Various refundable amounts due to you for early cancellation of financed products
- Termination and disposition fees