How do I find the intelligent key backup slot in my Lincoln vehicle?
If your intelligent key has no charge or the key frequencies are jammed, you will not be able to start your vehicle. If this happens, place your key into the backup slot to start the engine.
How to locate the backup slot in your vehicle:
- Go to your Owner’s Manual.
- Go to the Starting and Stopping the Engine section.
- Locate directions for Keyless Starting.
- Find the instructions for “If you are unable to start your vehicle...”.
How to Search the Owner's Manual
- For the HTML version, use the search bar at the top.
- For the PDF format, press CTRL + F to open a search box in your browser.
- Use the search term "If you are unable to start your vehicle" for information on how to find the backup slot and how to start your vehicle.
Note: The location of the backup slot varies. It can be found in the console storage compartment, cup holder, or other location depending on your vehicle.
Console storage compartment