How do I get a replacement key?
If your coded keys are lost or stolen and you do not have an extra one, new coded keys may be obtained from your Lincoln Retailer. For security reasons, you must visit the Lincoln Retailer in person and provide proof of identification and vehicle ownership:
- Personal Identification such as a valid Driver's License, state-issued picture I.D, or passport.
- Vehicle documentation with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the person's name seeking the key codes. Examples could include current Vehicle Registration, Certificate of Automobile Insurance, Vehicle Title, or Bill of Sale.
This may require having your vehicle towed to your Lincoln Retailer.
- You may be able to drive your vehicle, even if your key is lost, if you have Phone As A Key™* (PAAK) activated on an eligible vehicle.
- Key codes for vehicles older than 10 model years are not available.
- If your Lincoln Retailer cannot duplicate your key, they may be able to recommend a reputable locksmith in your area to perform this service.
- The cost of a new key varies. For additional information, contact your Lincoln Retailer.
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.