What are some basic troubleshooting tips for using Phone As A Key™1 with my Lincoln vehicle?
Phone As A Key limitations vary based on the make and model of your phone, your phone location, and physical obstructions. The following items could affect Phone As A Key performance:
- Your smartphone is not using the latest operating system and Bluetooth®2 software.
- Your phone is out of range. The typical operating range for Phone as a Key is 131 ft (40 m).
- Your Bluetooth connection is not enabled, is disrupted, or out of range.
- Your Phone As A Key is not active or enabled on at least one phone.
- Your vehicle battery has depleted.
- There is interference from other devices using radio frequencies or physical obstructions.
- Your phone is too close to metal objects or other electronic devices.
Additional tips for using Phone As A Key
- Your vehicle needs to be able to detect your Phone As A Key in order to unlock the doors and must be able to find your phone clearly within the interior of the vehicle to drive.
- When in the vehicle, it’s recommended that you move your phone toward the center of the interior.
- Keep in mind that thick or bulky smartphone cases can interfere with the Bluetooth connection. Your signal can be delayed or may not be available at all if there are bulky items between your phone and the vehicle (e.g., the phone is in a briefcase between folders, in a bag sandwiched between a laptop and a legal pad, or in a back pants pocket close to the seatback).
- To get the fastest response with Phone As A Key, it’s recommended that you leave your Lincoln Way3 App open. If closed, the app will relaunch when it detects your vehicle but will take a moment to re-establish the connection, therefore delaying response time.
Back to Phone As A Key troubleshooting main page
1Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
2The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
3The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.