How do I set up Phone as a Key™?
To use Phone as a Key with Lincoln Way™, you must:
- Be logged into Lincoln Way.
- Add a Phone as a Key equipped vehicle to the app.
- Activate its embedded modem.
- Have Connectivity Setting in the vehicle on.
- Have Bluetooth® on.
- Have a supported mobile device running iOS 13.0+ or Android™ 8.0+.
- Have Bluetooth version 4.2+.
- Navigate to Home.
- Select Activate Phone as a Key.
- Tap Set Up Now.
- Give your Phone as a Key device a name.
- Special characters are not allowed.
- The maximum number of characters is 16.
- The app starts downloading the key. Wait for the app to finish the download.
- The app generates a temporary password. Tap Copy and Continue.
- The app attempts to connect to your vehicle. Paste the temporary passcode on your phone when prompted.
- The Phone as a Key Success page displays. Tap Okay.
Note. A prompt to create a backup passcode displays once your Phone as a Key device is setup.