How do I set up Phone As A Key™* for my Lincoln?
To use Phone As A Key with the Lincoln Way™** App, you must:
- Be logged into the Lincoln Way App.
- Add a Phone As A Key-equipped vehicle to the app.
- Activate the embedded modem in your vehicle.
- Have Connectivity Settings in your vehicle turned on.
- Have Bluetooth®*** on.
- Have Lincoln Way Location set to Always.
- Have a supported mobile device running iOS®**** 13.0+ or Android™***** 8.0+.
- Have Bluetooth version 4.2+.
- Set up your phone's security (PIN, Pattern, Passcode, or Biometric).
- Navigate to Home on the Lincoln Way App.
- Select Activate Phone as a Key.
- Tap Set Up Now.
Note: Lincoln Way will request access to your phone's active security features in order to verify your identity. If you have no active security features on your phone, the app will request that you set up at least one security measure before proceeding. Compatible security features include:
- Facial recognition (biometric)
- Fingerprint scanner (biometric)
- Lock screen code (PIN, pattern, passcode
- Give your Phone As A Key device a name.
- Special characters are not allowed.
- The maximum number of characters is 16.
- Wait for the app to finish downloading the key.
- Tap Copy and Continue after the app generates a temporary passcode.
- Paste the temporary passcode on your phone when prompted.
- Tap Okay on the Phone As A Key Success page.
Note: A prompt to create a backup passcode displays once your Phone As A Key device is set up.
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**Lincoln Way, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
***The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
****iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*****Android is a trademark of Google LLC.