How do I start my vehicle?
Lincoln Way®* offers numerous convenient ways to effortlessly start your journey, including how you choose to start your vehicle. Start options will vary, as they are year, make, model, and trim level specific.
Options to start your vehicle may include:
- Key Fob - The most traditional way of starting your vehicle. This requires your key fob to be inserted into the ignition and turned in order for the engine to turn on.
- Push-Start - Also known as Intelligent Access Key, once the vehicle detects the fob inside the cabin, depress the brake and press the vehicle's Start button.
- Key Fob – using your properly equipped key fob, you are able to select the lock button followed by your remote start button twice (has the 2x icon). This key sequence should cause your headlamps to flash two times and your engine to start.
- Lincoln Connect®** - The original remote start in Lincoln Way. Press and hold the Start icon located on the Home landing screen.
- Phone as a Key™*** - Offered on select model vehicles, press and hold the Start icon located on the Phone as a Key landing page.
*The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Lincoln Way Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Lincoln Way App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see Lincoln Way Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
***Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.