How do I use my Lincoln's Phone As A Key™* Backup Start Passcode?
If you are unable to start your vehicle with Phone As A Key, follow the steps below to use your Backup Start Passcode.
- Press the brake pedal and the ignition button. If the system does not detect a valid Phone As A Key, the system will prompt you for your Backup Start Passcode.
- Make sure you have Phone As A Key active on at least one phone so that you can use the previously created Backup Start Passcode.
- If the Backup Start Passcode screen does not appear, press the ignition button again.
- Enter your Backup Start Passcode on your vehicle's SYNC®** screen.
- Press Enter within 30 seconds.
- Once the system validates the Backup Start Passcode, a message will alert you to start your vehicle.
- Press the brake pedal and the ignition button within 20 seconds to start your vehicle.
- If your vehicle does not start, repeat steps 1-5.
The system will lock after five attempts to:
- Enter a Backup Start Passcode.
- Reset a current passcode.
- Enter a Valet Mode passcode.
If you have forgotten your Backup Start Passcode, please contact a Concierge for assistance.
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.