What do I do if I cannot unlock my Lincoln with Phone As A Key™*?
Make sure the following Phone As A Key requirements are met:
- Your phone is at:
- Bluetooth® version 4.2 and above
- iOS® version 13 and above or Android™ OS version 8 and above
- You have the latest version of the Lincoln Way™ App.
- The Location Service/Permissions in your phone are set properly:
- iOS - Always
- Android - Allow all the time
- The Vehicle Connectivity Settings are enabled.
- The Lincoln Way App is running on your phone.
- There is no case on your phone.
Perform the following troubleshooting steps:
- Move your phone closer to your vehicle.
- If your phone is connected to the Lincoln Way App, press the Remote Unlock button.
- If your phone is not connected or the Remote Unlock button does not work in the Lincoln Way App, force close and restart the Lincoln Way App.
- If the issue persists, proceed to Step 2.
- Try a different door.
- If another door opens:
- It may also allow the first door you tried to open to unlock.
- This will be fixed in a future Lincoln Enhance software update.
- If other doors are not working, proceed to Step 3.
- Toggle Bluetooth off and then back on.
- If the door still will not open, force close and relaunch the Lincoln Way App.
- If that does not work, reboot your device.
If you are still unable to unlock your vehicle using Phone As A Key, use the keyless entry keypad. Once inside, you can use the backup start passcode to start your vehicle.
Back to Phone As A Key Troubleshooting
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
***iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
****The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.