What do I do if I cannot unlock my Lincoln with Phone As A Key™*?
Make sure the following Phone As A Key requirements are met:
- Your phone is at:
- Bluetooth® version 4.2 and above
- iOS® version 13 and above or Android™ OS version 8 and above
- You have the latest version of the Lincoln Way™ App.
- The Location Service/Permissions in your phone are set properly:
- iOS - Always
- Android - Allow all the time
- The Vehicle Connectivity Settings are enabled.
- The Lincoln Way App is running on your phone.
- There is no case on your phone.
Perform the following troubleshooting steps:
- Move your phone closer to your vehicle.
- If your phone is connected to the Lincoln Way App, press the Remote Unlock button.
- If your phone is not connected or the Remote Unlock button does not work in the Lincoln Way App, force close and restart the Lincoln Way App.
- If the issue persists, proceed to Step 2.
- Try a different door.
- If another door opens:
- It may also allow the first door you tried to open to unlock.
- This will be fixed in a future Lincoln Enhance software update.
- If other doors are not working, proceed to Step 3.
- Toggle Bluetooth off and then back on.
- If the door still will not open, force close and relaunch the Lincoln Way App.
- If that does not work, reboot your device.
If you are still unable to unlock your vehicle using Phone As A Key, use the keyless entry keypad. Once inside, you can use the backup start passcode to start your vehicle.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, contact Lincoln Concierge by calling 800-521-4140 or clicking LIVE CHAT in the bottom right corner of the Lincoln Owner site.
Back to Phone As A Key Troubleshooting
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
***iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
****The Lincoln Way App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.